HELP! MIRRORS BLOW LIGHT/WINDOW/ADJUSTMENT FUSES - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation HELP! MIRRORS BLOW LIGHT/WINDOW/ADJUSTMENT FUSES

My dad recently purchased a set of 03 style tow mirrors with no lights for my truck (Specs @ Bottom). The left mirror installed great, and was tested and worked. Today we tried to install the right mirror. After installing it and putting every thing back together we tried the controls to adjust it and just my luck the fuse blew. On that fuse was the cab lights, window controls, and the mirror adjustments.
We replaced to 10 size fuse and tried again. 2 more trips to the store later in another vehicle of course the same problem occurred. So we tried a 15 size fuse. For some very odd reason the right mirror will move when the control is set to move the left side. However it will not move up , just right and left and down, which makes no sense logically to me!!!! The fuse did not blow during this process though. WE DID NOT LEAVE THE 15 SIZE FUSE IN THE VEHICLE!!! Honestly, we had no clue what would happen if we left it, better safe than sorry. As of now it sits in our shop, waiting to be fixed. Whats your take on this situation??? Is a bigger fuse required when going from regular mirrors to tow mirrors???

Thanks in advance!!
Right now it is in the shop. I don't need it right now so, this isn't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problem solved!! Wire short!! This can be closed!
WORD OF ADVICE...

WHEN INSTALLING MIRRORS PULL THE WIRE COMPLETELY THROUGH THE HOLE WHEN BOLTING TO DOOR!! DO NOT LEAVE ANY IN PLACE WHERE MIRROR AND DOOR MEET! IT WILL CUT THE WIRE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.