Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 Front end is on the truck!

3K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  thesmokinstroke02 
#1 ·
well guys i finally got my 05 front end on. i also did cab lights the night before and wired up my lighted 03 mirrors i got from Matt_P

it went from this

to this

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good, everytime i see the 05+ swap I want to do it more and more! Are you going to paint the upper valence on the front bumper? Do those covers come off the mirrors so you can paint them also? How much do you have wrapped up in it?

#3 ·
thank you!

yeah i have been wanting to do this for a long time now.

i plan on painting it when i get the whole truck painted in a few months. it is getting a new bed, rear CC door, cab corner, front fender, and maybe more new doors if money allows.

i picked up the grill and headlights for 256 shipped from rock auto, bumper for 100 off craigslist, and the header panel and fog lights (which are the wrong ones) for 170. so all together i have a smidge over 500 into the whole swap and couldnt be happier!

I also installed the cab lights myself and that was not fun at all lol. the mirror covers do come off, i just dont know how yet so they are staying white for the time being :hehe:

#5 ·
I ran the wires through the door on both sides, and through the rubber boot, then there is a gap in the corner of the cab that you can run wires down to a little hole at the bottom right by the floor. i did that for both sides and for the passenger side i ran them up through that kick panel then behind the glove box and up under the dash to the other side. i cheated and used quick connects because they arent going to be exposed to the elements :hehe:

#6 ·
Damn, everyone is copying my Harley Swap....:doh:

Joking, looks good....BTW I had my upper valance paint matched to black like the rest, couldnt be happier

#13 ·
Yes, it just bolts in.

Sent from HTC EVO 3D Autoguide app

#16 ·
Why would you pull the dash for an 05 swap????!!!! :doh:

Sent from HTC EVO 3D Autoguide app

#25 ·
well guys i finally got my 05 front end on. i also did cab lights the night before and wired up my lighted 03 mirrors i got from Matt_P

First, the truck looks great!!
Second, is this you?? I must say you look styling while working on the truck!! :thumb: :haha:

#28 ·
Thanks for the pic. Plasti-dipped=powder coated?
Plasti-dip comes in a can and is like paint but it's plastic and it will peel off whatever you apply it to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.