03' - 07' Tow Mirrors for an 02' - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03' - 07' Tow Mirrors for an 02'

I want to swap out my current power tow mirrors for the 03' - 07' style that have the turn signals and are heated. I know there's several threads floating around about this, but I can't find an answer to a couple specific questions I have before I do it:

1) Which aftermarket brand is the best? (ie; identical to OEM / Factory in appearance? I don't want to put anything on my truck that doesn't look like it's supposed to be on there.

2) I've read that some people are hooking up the heated mirrors to an ignition source for power, so that means the defrosters on the mirrors are on anytime the ignition is on. I don't want to do that, seems like that'd burn them out quick.....how are they controlled on the 03' - 07''s? I haven't come accross one to look at yet. I'm assuming there's a "factory" switch for them somewhere on the dash. Could I not wire these up with a factory switch to cut on / off?

I'm pretty particular about keeping my truck looking "original" and not like something that's had stuff added to it.... Any info, especially pics would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Part 1)You could probably find a used set of oem mirrors for cheap, that is what I did, under 200 for the pair, off an 07, look brand new. Unless you are looking for something brand new. I don't have any experience with aftermarket mirrors.

Part 2) on the 03-07 they are always on, my friends are on when the truck is on, no switch, just on. I just installed a set of 07 mirrors on my early 03 dually, I just took the wire for the heater and wired it up to a switch in the dash and an ignition power source. You can turn the heat on and off when you desire, and they can't be left on with the truck off. I didn't use a factory switch, I just used a small round lighted switch. I put the switch to the left of the little cubby on the lower dash panel, right where it curves under. It does not visually stand out at all. I feel the same way about my truck, don't want it looking like crap is just stuck all over the place.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got a pair for my 2000 from American Van and Truck, 15775 Telegraph Road, Redford, MI 48239-3529, (313) 255-6226. They were a perfect OEM match and they were quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else I looked. They might be out of business but it might be a chain.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Why dont you get some 08s? you dont wanna drive around and have people thinkin you drive a 6liter, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.