20" 2011 rims on my 99 7.3 F250 pics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
20" 2011 rims on my 99 7.3 F250 pics

Hey guys,This is a story of highs,lows,pics (if I upload them correctly)and a pending results of mounting my 2011 rims on my 1999 superduty.So I finally got my 20" 2011 F250 rims off Fleabay and I picked up the tires locally used.I am almost free of my 16" rims. Now I say "almost" because I also ordered my 2" wheel spacers on Fleabay (ebay) which are aluminum pieces of sh*t.Now everyone knows you need 2" spacers to make the 2011 stock f250 rims fit a 1999-2003(not sure after 2003) and not rub the springs on turns.So I removed my stock 16" rims and and mounted these aluminum spacers from Fleabay.Then I mounted my new 2011 F250 rims the these spacers and realized that the studs on the cheap spacers were way too short.The stock lug nuts only threaded half way thru.The studs were a 1"to a 1/2" way too short.I pressed out a stud and brought it to a real auto parts store(not an aid auto store or auto zone) and they couldnt find a longer one.So when I got home I went thru the forums and read how great goeske steel spacers were and ordered them.I went to their site wheeladapter.com and got the phone number and ordered them directly over the phone.To my amazement I got Fred Goeske himself.At 75 year olds he running his businness and answering phone,I was very impressed.He knew what I needed and was very knowledgeable.So now I got my real spacers coming in the mail and cant wait for them.The after pics I posted right now are my 1999 f250 7.3 on half lugged threaded aluminum crap spacers with the new 2011 rims but i not driving the truck anywhere.when I get real spacers from fred goeske Im sure the pic will look the same except I can drive the drive without the worry of the wheels falling off,which is a nice option.I will update pics when I get the steel spacers but the pics will prolly look the same.Hopes this helps

Last edited by shatesme; 11-19-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 04:29 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The steel spacers are much better. How much dd they cost?

Did you try the rough country aluminum spacers or a no name brand?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:39 PM

I just ordered the steel spacers from Fred goeske Wheeladapter.com.There gonna be over 600.00 but thats cheaper then losing a wheel on the highway.I originally bought the cheap 200.00 aluminum 2"spacer from ebay and WHAT A Big waste of money.I guess i live and learn.The Only good thing is I told the wife I cant use my truck until the steel spacers come so she has to drive me to and from the bar.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:45 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds like you planned it lol.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:01 PM

I know right. I should break or misfit a part every friday right before happy hour so I can get a ride to and from the bar.LOL
Old 11-21-2011, 12:04 PM

Very nice! I am contemplating either aftermarket 20" rims for my Excursion or factory 20's. The fact that I would need the spacers adds another $600 to the equation so aftermarket might be the way to go. I do like the look of the factory 20's, not to mention they are forged aluminum vs. cast which is what most aftermarket wheels are. (Forged aftermarket wheel = serious $$)

How much did you pay for the factory 20's?
Old 11-22-2011, 05:19 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That came out great.. Nice truck
Old 11-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Thanks,The 20" wheels ride smooth too.I think alot better then my 16" wheels and speedo is still correct or very close.I checked my speedo by going thru those school zones with the radar speed signs.I know its not like I went from 16" wheels too 44 mudders but I still checked anyway.I just dont want to drive much until i get the steel space adapters.But I'm very happy with the wheel choice.Once I'm done with the rims I have the 2011 nose and bumper ready to install but money is tight to have it painted it to match the rest of the truck.Also with winters coming I might wait until spring because from what i read Its gonna be alittle involved lining and mounting everything up.I'll have pics of that when I start and hopefully when and if I finish also.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the post! I have the same wheels sitting at my friends house for my 2003. I've been contemplating running them though due to the spacers. Glad to see it work out and how it looks!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:35 PM

The 20" factory wheels are really nice and smooth.I love them.If you do choice to mount them just dont make my mistake by buying the cheap aluminum spacers.Do it right with the steel ones.If not I'll sell you my aluminum ones as soon as my steel ones come in.Also dont forget to get a 20" factory spare also incase of a flat.Thanks for the comments.Happy turkey day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.