QUESTION F-250 2001, 4INCH LIFT WITH 35s OR 6 INCH LIFT WITH 37s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
QUESTION F-250 2001, 4INCH LIFT WITH 35s OR 6 INCH LIFT WITH 37s

I own a 2001 f-250 crew cab short bed lariat 7.3L diesel, I am looking to put a lift kit on, either a 4 inch lift with 35 inch tires or 6inch lift with 37inch tires, I am trying to decide between the two which one would look good and still be a daily driver with no problems, or does it matter???

The truck has 150,000 miles currently , and I am planning on keeping the truck for a long time...what are your recommendations???

I am from New Jersey, I do mixed driving city and highway and some off-road, I work and go to school and some times tow a trailer, I also make the occasional trip to Vermont in the winter and sometimes I go down to Florida...I do have a lead foot 75% of the time

what ever lift I go with the rims will be 20x10 inch

What would the mpg difference between the 4in with 35s and 6in with 37s???

Would I have any trouble with drive-line angle or transmission or rear differential with either lift???

I am also looking to buy a performance chip any recommendations??? DP tuner/Edge/Bullydog/Superchips...

Please, any input would be greatly appreciated, please don't hesitate to post or message me

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Serving Our Country!

I have a 6" lift with 37's There really is no difference in MPG as long as I drive easy. It actually get better milage on the high because of the lower RPMs.

I do alot of towing with the race car or 4 wheelers there is a drop in milage when towing because of the gearing. I have a superchips flashpaq, I like it because of speedo adjustment for the tires. I will be getting custom tunes on a TS-chip and keep the superchip for speedo. I would not change anything with the setup I have!!

Really you need to decide what you think looks better 4-6! Here is a couple pics of mine from the side.
Attached Thumbnails
QUESTION F-250 2001, 4INCH LIFT WITH 35s OR 6 INCH LIFT WITH 37s-dscn3734.jpg   QUESTION F-250 2001, 4INCH LIFT WITH 35s OR 6 INCH LIFT WITH 37s-2011-10-03-18.22.22.jpg  
Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i have a 6 inch with 35's
Old 11-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

and i'm gonna maybe go with a custom tuned 6 position chip. my fuel mileage is ok i get like 13 at best.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My two cents, go 4. Simply because I feel like at 6 drop hitches get freakin expensive! But I also pull goose, which I wouldn't be as comfortable with 6. But it's really up to you, you should be good with either. My truck had 4 and 35's... I still got about 18 highway empty... Granted it's an OBS, so not a super accurate comparison...
Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

People always say go big the first time. But the decision is yours. I went 8 in and 38's eight yrs ago and never looked back. I just went over 100000 miles on my 01 7.3 and have had zero issues with anything (knock on wood). People ask what i get for mileage and i say "i don't wanna know"....in reality i get about 15ish. Being military i have been from Oregon to Florida and everywhere in between....my truck has NEVERRRR let me down. When it comes down to it you only live once so live it up while you can.....do what you want to do.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Question

22CREW

do you have any drive-shaft problems, vibrations at any speed u-joint problems and what is the fastest you have gone with it???

Do you have a chip, what kind?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22crew View Post
People always say go big the first time. But the decision is yours. I went 8 in and 38's eight yrs ago and never looked back. I just went over 100000 miles on my 01 7.3 and have had zero issues with anything (knock on wood). People ask what i get for mileage and i say "i don't wanna know"....in reality i get about 15ish. Being military i have been from Oregon to Florida and everywhere in between....my truck has NEVERRRR let me down. When it comes down to it you only live once so live it up while you can.....do what you want to do.
Made a great point here. You could always downgrade
Old 11-10-2011, 06:26 PM

I have a 4" lift on 35" BFG All Terrains on my 2001 and I think it's perfect. My pops has an '00 with an 8" lift on 38s, and my brother had a '02 with a 6" lift on 35s. They both said mine rode the best, but I have to admit you will get more looks the taller you go. I think the 4" is a good mix of tough looks while still having good driveability. I just bought my truck so I don't know unloaded mileage, but on a 12 hour drive from Atlanta to Ft Lauderdale while towing a double axle trailer with a '07 Nissan Altima on the back at 65mph I averaged 15.6mpg. That was with a 4" turbo back exhaust, stock intake, and my programmer turned off.
Attached Thumbnails
QUESTION F-250 2001, 4INCH LIFT WITH 35s OR 6 INCH LIFT WITH 37s-dscn3039.jpg   QUESTION F-250 2001, 4INCH LIFT WITH 35s OR 6 INCH LIFT WITH 37s-dscn3041.jpg  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:33 PM

Here's a pic of my pop's truck with an 8" lift on 38s. It gets a ton of looks, but replacing the tires every couple of years costs big $$.
Attached Thumbnails
QUESTION F-250 2001, 4INCH LIFT WITH 35s OR 6 INCH LIFT WITH 37s-annabelle-us-504.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.