Swapping out(upgrade) Dually beds help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Swapping out(upgrade) Dually beds help

Does anyone here know (well I am sure many do!) what years of dually long box beds will bolt up to my 2000 Lariat 8' box chassis? The bunks are rotted out on my box and a new floor with bunks from Ford is $819 but discontinued. The still stock the 2004 floor, but at $705 plus all the labour needed, I was hoping I could just put on a take-off box or something from a wrecker. Dealer told me the box is the same up to 2004, after that the body lines won't match. I'm sure some of the guys on this forum however know more than the dealers

This truck has been awesome for me. I just rolled 310,000 kms and it keeps pulling strong. I have looked at replacing the truck with a newer one but can't justify it. I still get 12.4 honest MPG hauling 14,000 lbs in the form of a 44' tri-axle race car hauler. Seems the newer trucks can't touch that, and best of all, this one is paid for!

If I can swap out the box, and do the 2007 cosmetic front end upgrade, I'm going to keep this truck for another 200,000 kms.

Thanks for any help or pics on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
'99 thru '12 boxes will bolt right onto your frame.
And as far as I know the body lines will line up too.
I just picked up a 2011 dually box to put onto my '06 450
Old 10-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

box swap

Thanks for the quick reply. I had no idea if the arc of the frame changes from model years. The last thing I would want is a box that does not lay flat or needs custom cross bunks. Good to know it fits!

Great, so now I am in the market for a late model box! Anyone in Ontario Canada know of one for sale from a wreck or takeoff from someone that has put a tow truck body on?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The bed from my truck will be for sale in a month or so.
My truck is from SoCal and has never been driven in the winter, absolutely zero rust.
The only reason I'm switching out to the 2011 box is that I like the new style fenders.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

yeah i know for a fact they will line up. and if you can get one cheap its worth replacing the entire box! Goodluck!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Swapping boxes

Thanks guys. I just picked up an '04 box for my dually for $1200 and I'm getting the box liner and 5th wheel mounts too so all of my old stuff can be junked. Seemed like a good deal so I went for it. I pick it up today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.