Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

07 grille on a 2000

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  colo86GN 
#1 ·
As some of you know, Bettis is undergoing a face lift. Part of that is an 07 grille. My question is, for those who have done it, what did you have to cut, how much, and did you take picture..LOL Seriously, any help is appriciated.

...I know they have the pre-cut one on ebay, but $300.00??? ouch. I think I paid $65.00 for my jig saw, 'bout **** time I use it.

#2 ·
I have one and will be doing the same. I think it is 1/8th of an inch off the bottom. I have a chrome one and a work truck one that is cracked so I am going to play with that one till I get it right maybe tomorrow!

#4 ·
yeah I did, couldn't find anything that someone had actually done.

rednek01, I'm doing mine today or tomorrow, I may for you to see how it goes...LOL.

I have another grille shell with billet inserts that I can use to measure to see what the differences are. I plan on doing a write up if all goes well. You should do some measurements and take pitures of what you do to get yours in, maybe between the 2 of us we can get a good article out of it.

#6 ·
Sounds like a plan! I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep a straight line when cutting with my dremel maybe I can score it with a knife and snap it or something. What do you have planned as far as triming it?

#10 ·
ebay has them ready to install and they only take 5 mins. Kinda spendy at $300 though

#13 ·
the mounting points are the same, but the bottom of the 07 is a little thicker to fill in the 05-07 bumper, I assume.

I'm goning to try and tackle it today, if I ever get off my a$$ and get outta the office and go do some work.

#14 ·
keep us posted

#15 ·
heres the update...it would seem **** near impossible to get it in the Ex and make it look right, the cutting was easy, problem was by the time you cut enough to get ti in there, it kinda looks funny. So I'm gonna call this one done, at least with me....sorry guys, I tried. :(

#16 ·
I was going to try and do a grill swap on mine as well, but honestly.. best thing is to just change the header panel and bumper along with it. Everything fits up perfectly then. I would call or go to the places that sell the replacement aftermarket metal bumpers.. they usually have extras because guys leave their old ones when they change them out. Or you can try Craigslist.. that's where i found all of mine.. $150!!!! All i had to do was re-paint the plastic piece on the bumper to match my color.
Changed the whole truck around!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.