upgrade headlights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
upgrade headlights

I've got an 01 F250 work truck that has the glass sealed beam type headlights which don't light the road any better than the 40 yr old bulbs in my GTO. I would like to upgrade to the OEM or OEM type composite headlights, and I've seen where some of you guys have went to a newer version of this headlight but were using the composite style to start with. What would I have to do to upgrade mine? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks Goat View Post
I've got an 01 F250 work truck that has the glass sealed beam type headlights which don't light the road any better than the 40 yr old bulbs in my GTO. I would like to upgrade to the OEM or OEM type composite headlights, and I've seen where some of you guys have went to a newer version of this headlight but were using the composite style to start with. What would I have to do to upgrade mine? Thanks.
if you want to go with OEM headlights you have to buy the headlights and the headlight header to get them in correctly..... or you can go aftermarket ... i got a few selections of aftermarket headlights on my website and can also get you the OEM headlights and header if you want.......
Old 07-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Would I have to change the header to get the aftermarket lights to fit? What about the plugs for the bulbs?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Would I have to change the header to get the aftermarket lights to fit? What about the plugs for the bulbs?
depending on which kind you went with.... if you get the solid 1 piece kind youll only have to do some slight cutting to get them to fit..... but if you get the 2 piece kind they will just bolt right up..... my headlights were clear but i did chance out my corner lights to the clear kind and they look great.....
Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to Cheeks
you could always try an upgraded beam, like the silverstar halogens from sylvania. They really do make a difference over the stock bulbs
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good idea Cheeks, I checked out Sylvania's site and there were a couple of different upgraded sealed beams listed. I guess I'll try one of those and then if that isn't good enough for me then I'll change to the composite style. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Good idea Cheeks, I checked out Sylvania's site and there were a couple of different upgraded sealed beams listed. I guess I'll try one of those and then if that isn't good enough for me then I'll change to the composite style. Thanks for the help guys.
you talking about just changing out your bulbs? because i have a set of headlights and fogs that i sell... i have them on my truck and most of my friends have them on too.. they are very bright.....
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to WILLIAM LORCH
[I]n the world of lites: Does ne 1 offer a after market replacement head lts 4 a 94 f 250, Same holds for LED tail lites????? Also does ne 1 have the replacement interior over head lite for the interior ( LED) , I beleive recon is marketing them........ thanks!!! Bill
Old 07-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Hella H4's are really nice, they give off alot of light
Old 07-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAM LORCH View Post
[I]n the world of lites: Does ne 1 offer a after market replacement head lts 4 a 94 f 250, Same holds for LED tail lites????? Also does ne 1 have the replacement interior over head lite for the interior ( LED) , I beleive recon is marketing them........ thanks!!! Bill
Recon makes the incab ones but they are not out yet..... as for the tailights they make some but not for your year....ill have to check into it and see if anyone makes the headlights and tailights....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.