Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

suspension problem after lift

792 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  RRonning84 
#1 ·
I put a 4" lift on and have had a loud click when going over bumps that started out a lot quieter that it is now. I hear it every day when I turn right into my driveway from the street. I think its the U joints on the driver side, but wanted to see if anyone else had a problem like this before I go buy the parts to replace them. I know its coming from the drivers side. I also heard it might be the ball joints? Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Had the clicking noise-found that the bolt on the left front leaf spring is to long and when i turned to full lock to the left it would touch the ball joint on the pitman arm.-also had a loose ball joint so i replaced it to

#3 ·
id guerss ball joints... easiest way to check that is to jack the front off the ground and grab the top and the botom of the tire and check it for free play if its not fairly solid then you need new ball joints

#4 ·
Awesome! Thanks guys. I will check both to see if I can find the culprit. Is it true that you have to jack it up underneath the ball joint or it puts negative pressure on it and makes it feel tight when its not? So the bolt that was tool long was on the leaf spring? Front or back of the leaf? I was beginning to think no one was going to reply :thud:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.