• trade for 22x14 xd diesels and up 4.5" and go to a 40x15.50x22 toyo

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • trade for the 22x14 xd diesels and keep my 8" lift with the 37x13.5 toyos

Votes: 6 33.3%

new dilemma

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Rockstar Edition 
#1 ·
hey guys,

so tomorrow I'm tearing apart the truck to do my 08 front clip and I'm in a debate.

I have a guy who wants to trade me 4 22x14 xd diesels and 6 37x13.5x22 toyo's for my 5 Rockstars and 4 37x13.50x24 toyos....my dilemma falls under this:

should I keep my 24's and just up to 38's next year or get the 22x14's and get 40x15.50 toyos and lift it another 4.5" with crossover? I would only have to buy the crossover as I already have a line on the 4.5" hangers and rear suspension.....

my truck will be staying red for a while, I'd be running 12.5" on 40's with chrome 22x14 xd diesels or I'd eventually be running 38" kuhmos with 24x12 chrome rockstars.

OR my last but VERY least choice is to keep the 37's since I have 2 spare tires and just keep my 8" suspension on 37's....with 22x14's.....

HELP ME

#2 ·
I say keep the 24's and put 38's on those wheels.

#5 ·
i voted for swapping and keeping the 37s thats the perferct tire to rim ratio is 18 inch rim 33 inch tire 20 inch rim 35inch tire and 22inch rim 37inch tire those of the perfect set up for me but that just my opinion and thats like an ******* everyone has one lol

#6 ·
i say go with the diesels and stay @ the 8'' height that your at now and sell me the 4.5'' stuff:hehe:

But for real... Go with the Diesels... They are amazing.:nod:

#11 ·
I would just stick to getting your 08 conversion done before I ventured onto anything else. Didn't you just get the 05 conversion done?

But...Ultimately it is what you want. Take your time and figure it out right and slowly piece it all together. Watch craigslist and the classifieds to find deals where you can. Just realize that as soon as you go higher the costs completely skyrocket to do it RIGHT and safe. Then if you don't, YOU are going to find out what the weak links are real quick... :hehe: You need traction bars, crossover steering, ram assist, depending on your setup front and rear drivelines, gears and get good shocks... If you don't do gears and you are just running a chip, YOUR truck is going to be a complete dogg... :hehe:

If it was me, I would start modding the motor... injectors turbo... etc.. :hehe: You want to have a good all round truck. You don't want to be the guy that is all show and no go... If you know what I mean... :hehe:

#13 ·
40's on 22x14's and more lift. And you might want to look into fuel offroad wheels or the new kmc 799's. The kmc diesels are very hard to find in a 22x14.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.