Fender flares and rust? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 03-29-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
mcdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fender flares and rust?

I'm looking into buying a set of BW street flares for my 2000 and was wondering if im gonna have problems with moisture and salt and so getting between them and the bed and rusting the wheel wells out. Have any of you guys that have em had any problems?
mcdizzle is offline  
post #2 of 22 Old 03-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdizzle View Post
I'm looking into buying a set of BW street flares for my 2000 and was wondering if im gonna have problems with moisture and salt and so getting between them and the bed and rusting the wheel wells out. Have any of you guys that have em had any problems?
Sure,anytime you add something that isn't part of a factory-stamped part,you always risk moisture and rust because dirt/moisture can get into places you wouldn't think could.
But also take into consideration,how much salt in winter,how much you off-road.
Depends on exposure to elements ,some trucks never have problems,others do-all depends on exposure
icysmooth is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM
BGJ
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BGJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fruita Co
Posts: 1,510
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icysmooth View Post
Sure,anytime you add something that isn't part of a factory-stamped part,you always risk moisture and rust because dirt/moisture can get into places you wouldn't think could.
But also take into consideration,how much salt in winter,how much you off-road.
Depends on exposure to elements ,some trucks never have problems,others do-all depends on exposure
I agree
Do this: LINEX

Last edited by BGJ; 03-31-2010 at 05:12 PM.
BGJ is offline  
post #4 of 22 Old 03-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGJ View Post
I agree
Do this: LINEX
Heard dat!
Where did you take that pic-looks awsome!
icysmooth is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 03-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Premium Member
 
Chiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cranford
Posts: 1,154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^whats with the bottle hovering in mid air under your engine, by the axle?

2005 F350 4x4 CC LB Lariat
Engine: Puking ModIntake, Innovative SCT Tuned, Straight Pipe, Zoodad, DIY CCV.
Exterior: 8inch Rize 4Link, traction bars, Deaver Leafs, Raceline Rims, 37inch Toyos M/Ts, Leer Cap, Bushwacker Pocket Flares, Tints, Lights and little stuff
Interior: Isspro Gauges, Leds bulbs , Livewire, Overhead DVD, Aftermarket alarm/remote start
Chiller is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 03-31-2010, 05:58 PM
BGJ
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BGJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fruita Co
Posts: 1,510
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icysmooth View Post
Heard dat!
Where did you take that pic-looks awsome!
My wife was standing in our front yard. The Colorado National Monument is the mountain you can see. The Colorado river is just past the winter wheat field you see in the pic. Got to love Western Colorado.

02 F250 Leveling kit, 295/70/17 Nitto Terra's
39501 miles on the clock

BGJ is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM
BGJ
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BGJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fruita Co
Posts: 1,510
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller View Post
^whats with the bottle hovering in mid air under your engine, by the axle?
Good question, some keen eyes you got there pardner. I read a lot of these 7.3 guys are leaking fuel out of their fuel filter bowl, so I ran a hose from it & taped a water bottle to it to see if it's leaking there. I found no fuel & forgot to take it off.
BGJ is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 03-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Premium Member
 
Chiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cranford
Posts: 1,154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hahahah thats funny, maybe you should convert it to a ccv mod

2005 F350 4x4 CC LB Lariat
Engine: Puking ModIntake, Innovative SCT Tuned, Straight Pipe, Zoodad, DIY CCV.
Exterior: 8inch Rize 4Link, traction bars, Deaver Leafs, Raceline Rims, 37inch Toyos M/Ts, Leer Cap, Bushwacker Pocket Flares, Tints, Lights and little stuff
Interior: Isspro Gauges, Leds bulbs , Livewire, Overhead DVD, Aftermarket alarm/remote start
Chiller is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
TowBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGJ View Post
Good question, some keen eyes you got there pardner. I read a lot of these 7.3 guys are leaking fuel out of their fuel filter bowl, so I ran a hose from it & taped a water bottle to it to see if it's leaking there. I found no fuel & forgot to take it off.
Leave it like that….we’ll call it the rubber hose, bottle and tape mod…

2006 F-350, Lariat, DRW, 4X4, TowBoss 4.30, 100 gal fuel capacity
Logged more than 32,000 "hard working" miles towing RV..23,465 GVW.



"We’ll find out who's skinny-dipping…..when the tide goes out"…
TowBoss is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGJ View Post
My wife was standing in our front yard. The Colorado National Monument is the mountain you can see. The Colorado river is just past the winter wheat field you see in the pic. Got to love Western Colorado.
That - is an incredible view!Good lookin' truck too!
Didn't see the pee bottle below,but chiller did!
Still a great pic though!
icysmooth is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome