08-09 badge install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Exclamation ITS DONE CHECK IT OUT GUYS LOOKS AWSOME 08-09 badge install

Hey i was wondering if anyone has wrote up a sticky on how to install the 08 09 fender badges/vents on a 99 to 07 superduty.If not what all does it take i just bought a set and i cant find any real good info on them so if there isn't any i was thinking of making a thread on how to install them.I know i have to cut the fender some and thats about all i've found out.

Last edited by kylerf150; 03-20-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: finished install
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bump for you
Old 03-20-2010, 10:17 PM

my badge writeup

Well i got them in the mail today and it took me about 2 1/2 hours to cut up a template and cut up my fenders.It wasn't to bad of a job.For the most part everything went great.

1) I traced out the one badge onto a piece of poster paper,then i cut out the holes for the tabs and pins ( I put wet paint on the ends of the tabs an pins and then pushed them to the paper).To cut the vents i fliped them with the outside down and rubbed the paper with a pencil and it outlined the vents and then i cut those out (kinda the same way you would make a gasket with a hammer) then i folded the paper over and doubled it up so it was stiffer,then i taped it all up with clear tape.

2) I went to home depot and puchased some dremal metal cutting disc (your going to need 5 to 6 disc) A sheet of flexable sheet metal,some double sided tape and a automatic centering punch,A 5/64ths 11/64ths and 17/64ths drill bits.

3) then i placed the poster cutout onto the sheet metal and traced that onto the metal,punched drilled and cut that all up and checked to see how well the badge fit and trimed accordingly to get a good tight fit.

4) find a good place of where you want to place your badge then use the double sided tape and stick you metal plate to your fender and punch,drill,cut and trim.(I placed mine 5/8 of an inch from the top of the sheet metal and 15/16 of an inch from the right side edge,then i placed the top edge of the sheet metal on the bottom line of my pin stripping and the top right side edge on the edge of the fender)

I will take some pics and try to get them up so you all can get a better idea of how i did everything.

Im sorry I dont have any pics of the fender cutting or of it all cut up but it all went together so quickly and everything fit so tight that i can't get them back off unless i take out my inner fenders to sqeeze the tabs.Making the metal template was the way to go for sure.Also when i drilled out the holes with the 17/64ths bit i rocked the bit from side to side to make them a little bigger i will get a pic of that also so you can see what i am talking about.

If you guys have any ???? feel free to ask and i will try to answer them for ya.So what do you guys think should they sticky this so guys can get a better idea of what it all takes to do this i searched multiple forums and found nothing on this install.

whats next i guess its time to install my ex tank!!! ill get pics of that install too it'll be a couple of weeks though im heading back to work in a few days.

Last edited by kylerf150; 03-20-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
i like, one mod i wont be doing lol..i dont mind the old school badges, to me those are to big and bulky, i think im just going to get some custom ones made off a site i stumbled across and cheap..starts at 45$ each looks good though.

AND a sticky it is! .. its a good write up!

Last edited by 03_Turbo7.3; 03-21-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:43 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
good idea to make a template
Old 03-22-2010, 09:55 AM

thanks for the sticky 03_turbo 7.3 have you ever thought about acetoning your original badges i did that to my old ones and they looked pretty good it gets rid of all of the black i liked it.maybe try it before you order new ones.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:03 PM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
i dont like chrome badges..the black is what i like..i dont mine chrome letters, i think the ones on it look good..!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 PM

excellent write up and detailed instruction !!!!! thats a good looking f250 !!!! I've had my vents in a box for more than 3 months(moving to a new house) and have not made time for this mod... Is there a possibility that I can borrow the template from you ????-mel-
Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Vents came out good glad everything worked out!
Chris
Old 03-24-2010, 04:09 AM

YOu know what wouldbe nice to have in this thread is a before and after pic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.