10'' + Lift pics and info - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
builtnotbought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
10'' + Lift pics and info

Hey guys im looking into buying a 10in + lift. Will i have any issues with drive shaft angles, or will have to extend them? also any other hidden costs or anything im going to have issues with... shocks... brake lines ? i want to put 40 inch tires for sure on it. pics of 10 in lift or more would be greatly appreciated. i was thinking spring and shackle combination so i can do it for cheaper.

Thanks !


1999 F-250 SUPERDUTY ZF6

37'' Toyo MT - DIY Intake - 2.2K Mod - 4'' Turbo Back SS - GTP38R - And Lots more.

'' My Lug Nuts Require More Torque Than Your Honda Makes ''
builtnotbought is offline  
post #2 of 12 Old 02-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Raul@Stealth Automotive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 23
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
yes there will be... all depends on what kit you get... the more expensive kits will come with almost everything needed... but expect to drop the carrier bearing, crossover stearing, longer brake lines, regearing the diffs

here is my Ex on a 10.5 DR lift with all those extras i talked about

Raul@Stealth Automotive is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 02-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: laconia,nh
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stealth the ex looks good tring to get the wife to do a lift in hers. She won't do it cause of the new baby. And I said well you had a lifted jeep with the other ones so y not ? Just cause were not doing it
rdnkdlx is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
builtnotbought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
yes there will be... all depends on what kit you get... the more expensive kits will come with almost everything needed... but expect to drop the carrier bearing, crossover stearing, longer brake lines, regearing the diffs

here is my Ex on a 10.5 DR lift with all those extras i talked about

Nice looking rig you have there, what do you mean by the carrier bearing ? and cross over steering what does that give you... is it to make it easier to steer ? and why regearing the diffs ?


1999 F-250 SUPERDUTY ZF6

37'' Toyo MT - DIY Intake - 2.2K Mod - 4'' Turbo Back SS - GTP38R - And Lots more.

'' My Lug Nuts Require More Torque Than Your Honda Makes ''
builtnotbought is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 02-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIGGPIGG4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
16in and 46s


12in and 38s



2014 Ford F-350 XLT 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
MPD Turbo Kit. HTT367FMW Turbo. H&S Dual Fueler Kit. No Limit Fab. EGR delete and CCV mod. Tuning by Craig@MPD

2011 Ford F-350 XLT 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel *SOLD*

2004 Ford F-350 "BIGG PIGG EDITION" 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel *SOLD*


Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/biggpigg4x4/videos
BIGGPIGG4x4 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 02-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BigKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by builtnotbought View Post
Nice looking rig you have there, what do you mean by the carrier bearing ? and cross over steering what does that give you... is it to make it easier to steer ? and why regearing the diffs ?
Your truck is a single cab long bed, it may be a 1pc driveshaft, so no carrier bearing drop for you.

2013 Platinum
2013 Explorer sport
2011 CTS V
BigKid is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
layson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,640
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Thanks: 34
Thanked 58 Times in 56 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is what I spent for my 12.5" kit, it is going to be real similar to a 10" kit. You can get this stuff for a little cheaper then this... but it is close...

- Icon 12.5" lift kit - 3,285.00 (comes with crossover steering)
- One Up Offroad Traction Blocks - 1,363.93
- Attitude Performance Re-indexing Ring for the Transfercase - 275.00
- Attitude Performance Transmission Crossmember - 299.00
- Dynatrac Ball Joints - 689.00
- Spyntec Wheel Bearings - 2000.00
- One Up Offroad extended my rear driveline - 1,380.00
- Stainless Brake Lines - 151.80
- Icon's Signature Series Reservoir Shocks - 796.00
- One Up Offroad Carrier Bearing Drop Kit - 175.28 (You don't need this)
- Some 40" Toyo M/t's - 2800.00 (I got this a lot cheaper off craigslist)

That all adds up real quick too...

2001 - 14" OUO 525 - 38x15.5x20 Toyo & 20x12 Weld Cheyenne's. Hybrids, 38R, BTS, Spearco, Terminators..



Quote of the Day:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannysouza View Post
You will get some axle wrap with a heavy trailer, I can feel it when towing my gooseneck with some heavy equipment. My Deavers will wrap enough to make the tires rub the front of the rear fender well if I give it too much throttle on aceleration.
layson is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 02-26-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
builtnotbought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by layson View Post
This is what I spent for my 12.5" kit, it is going to be real similar to a 10" kit. You can get this stuff for a little cheaper then this... but it is close...

- Icon 12.5" lift kit - 3,285.00 (comes with crossover steering)
- One Up Offroad Traction Blocks - 1,363.93
- Attitude Performance Re-indexing Ring for the Transfercase - 275.00
- Attitude Performance Transmission Crossmember - 299.00
- Dynatrac Ball Joints - 689.00
- Spyntec Wheel Bearings - 2000.00
- One Up Offroad extended my rear driveline - 1,380.00
- Stainless Brake Lines - 151.80
- Icon's Signature Series Reservoir Shocks - 796.00
- One Up Offroad Carrier Bearing Drop Kit - 175.28 (You don't need this)
- Some 40" Toyo M/t's - 2800.00 (I got this a lot cheaper off craigslist)

That all adds up real quick too...
I guess it does adds up quick what would i need the trans X member for ?


1999 F-250 SUPERDUTY ZF6

37'' Toyo MT - DIY Intake - 2.2K Mod - 4'' Turbo Back SS - GTP38R - And Lots more.

'' My Lug Nuts Require More Torque Than Your Honda Makes ''
builtnotbought is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
layson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,640
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Thanks: 34
Thanked 58 Times in 56 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When you clock your transfercase 20 degrees to lower your front driveline, it ends up running right into the front crossmember.

2001 - 14" OUO 525 - 38x15.5x20 Toyo & 20x12 Weld Cheyenne's. Hybrids, 38R, BTS, Spearco, Terminators..



Quote of the Day:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannysouza View Post
You will get some axle wrap with a heavy trailer, I can feel it when towing my gooseneck with some heavy equipment. My Deavers will wrap enough to make the tires rub the front of the rear fender well if I give it too much throttle on aceleration.
layson is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
layson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,640
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Thanks: 34
Thanked 58 Times in 56 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

2001 - 14" OUO 525 - 38x15.5x20 Toyo & 20x12 Weld Cheyenne's. Hybrids, 38R, BTS, Spearco, Terminators..



Quote of the Day:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannysouza View Post
You will get some axle wrap with a heavy trailer, I can feel it when towing my gooseneck with some heavy equipment. My Deavers will wrap enough to make the tires rub the front of the rear fender well if I give it too much throttle on aceleration.
layson is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome