Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lower my Ford F250 truck question

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  slowpokedodge 
#1 ·
I have a 99 f250 that I want to lower it back closer to stock. It has 4.5" block in the back. Has 7 leaf springs in the front. Its way to high than I need. Can I take some of the short springs out of the front without having to change a lot of stuff? The rear is pretty easy, replace with smaller block. I think I can keep the shocks. Would like to go with some 285 tires instead of 255's that are on there now and looks stupid. To big of a space for such a small tire. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
i would buy a set of superlift springs or even stock if that is the height you desire rather than rebuilding a spring pack
i have rebuilt spring packs in the past and while it is simple typically rempving springs weakens the remaining springs.
though i couldnt get a good look at your front springs. you might have a more a less leveling kit on your springs and yhou should be able to remove that i am just concerned about spring strength.
especially my bds front springs only ran me about 300 bucks and you can get superlift or rough country for about 200 brand new and ready to go :dunno:

ps:
had i seen this sooner i would have said something sooner :D

Reactions: slowpokedodge
#4 ·
also....
I cant remember who but someone who is a regular, well...as regular as we get aroud here :look:
needs a set of 4" rear blocks.
I have a stock set of 2" that came with my 350 you could have if you want to hand yours off to whoever else is writting @j.mo for his as i am not sure he was able to find them? but at least he probably remembers who needs them :D I cant seem to find anything that remeinds me who it was :doh:
either way we can get you sorted out :thumb:

what height are you now and what height are you looking to reach?

#5 ·
The rear has a 4.5" block under the springs, the front is level with the rear. Wish I could see a stock truck and one with a 2" lift on it. There is a 11" space between tire and fender. Looks stupid to me plus it's like climbing into an 18 wheeler. If I took out the 4.5" block that would stock I guess? If I did that and leveled the front, would I have to change the shocks? What about the pitman arm? I found plenty of information about putting a lift kit on but nothing about taking one out. Thanks for your help.

#6 ·
actually the 250 came with a 2" block in the rear the 350 came with a 2 or 4" block but that is part of the stock build.
mine just had a 2" not sure if it was stock or if it just was screwed with by the preivious owner :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.