LOWER lower Valance - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
<< Representin with INK

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOWER lower Valance

I want one lol, Im lookin for the lower little valance that pretty much just gives the little kick of air down lower under the truck. I like the look of it with the corners trimmed on the bumper and the angle of the lower valance piece match each other pretty nice. Also it should theoretically help me get back a little mileage by helping aerodynamics with the leveling kit and 35s lol I do alot of highway driving I figure it should help minor if any but I do enjoy the looks of this addition under the front bumper. If anyone knows where to get one cheap thats reman or has one for sale for the 99-03 front end shoot me a pm for price and Id appreciate It. Thanks for anyone that can help me find this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

LOL should improve your drag coefficient by .0000000000000001

I seriously doubt you will see a perceivable improvement in efficientcy.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:54 PM
<< Representin with INK

What you guys think about this? I like the design, it matches the stock bumper pretty nice and its abs plastic so it would trim up real nice I have a dented bumper and scratched plastic now and I want to replace it anyways, This looks pretty good tho....
what you think tho??? Im also going to add a billet grille to match the main grille I like the look, But I need to repaint my grille shell as well its really chipped up and I dont like chrome that much lol my pops went overboard on the truck when he first bought it ha I am really debating on painting all the chrome trim black or a really dark gunmetallic grey to match my wheels....

and ya i was screwin around when i said that ha but in pushing the air as far under the truck and possibly under the axles while on the open highway it really does help rather than having it run into the axle and motor and crossmembers and such. Thats alot more drag than the initial push by the valance....

Last edited by Grease Monkey; 11-26-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
that valance ONLY helps when the truck is stock, it does absolutely nothing once it's had anything over stock done....and that valance is hideous, it won't look good at all....if you're going to spend all the money on that stuff than having your stuff painted, go find a certifit or a junkyard and do the 05-07 conversion. it will look alot cleaner and you'll feel like you have a bit of a new truck.

Chad
Old 11-27-2009, 08:15 AM
<< Representin with INK

I really personally like the older front end better. Im an old skool person, I would much rather have a 32 ford for a dd than anything else but its snows here so I drive my tuck in the winter lol But the new front end WILL NEVER be swapped on this truck I enjoy the older front end alot more, I was just thinking of doin this, I kinda like it. I think flat black it would pretty close to stock with the extra couple lights and being low enough to drag some but not too bad. Its just a thought, Im going to try and buff the truck out today and see if I can save the OEM front plastic but its pretty chewed up. See what kind of magic I have left with sandpaper and time lol, I really want the lower lower piece tho. I like the look alot more than withought the very bottem OE valance.

Last edited by Grease Monkey; 11-27-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Are you referring to the one on the very bottom,just under my bumper?If so,I bought mine from Ford..It was like $38.00 ...by the way..Mine came with the solid valance(as in NO cut-outs)..When I went to purchase my current one,I learned the Solid valance is no longer available.Hope this helps.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:05 AM
<< Representin with INK

Yes it does thats exactly what i want, the little holes are fine too. I have seen it at lmc truck but it was like 60 or 70$ I figured it was alot cheaper somewhere else. Thanks man thats exactly what im looking for, I didnt think they still carried these parts at the dealers but Ill stop in tommorrow and see if I can get one. My truck has never had one installed but it has the holes for it lol IDK why...
Old 12-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i want one too, is it hard to install? i ask since they weren't installed until 01 that the mounts aren't in the upper portion?
Old 12-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i took mine off..its solid...id sell it but its awfully long so not sure on the shipping...i have the hardware somewhere also
Old 12-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

hard to see but i cut my bumper and bottom valence...looks good but I just didnt care for it so when I had the bumpers off for paint I left it off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.