Need Advise on Tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Advise on Tires

Im planning on getting some new tires for my 99 CCLB truck with 4-6" of lift. Right now i have 305/75/18 BFG A/T Load E and they look tiny so im looking to move up to a 37" M/T tire for my new set. Any recommendations on what to get? I dont haul huge loads very much just drive alot. I was eaither thinkin Toyo M/T, BFG KM2, or Mickey Thompson MTZ.

I had awesome luck with my 35" BFG KMs on my jeep wrangler. I loved them. I had about 50,000 miles on them with alot of tread left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2009, 01:18 PM

I have had great luck with my toyo m/t's.....
Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 PM

I'm running my second set of Pro-Comp Xtreme A/T's and couldn't be happier with them. Great traction, pretty quiet, and dependable. I bought my first set for $1250 and my second set for $500. If you watch Ebay, blems will pop up every now and then for super cheap. $500 included shipping. I've had them for about 6 months now with no problems, they just required a little extra weight to balance.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
I have great luck THUS far with my Toyos, but Im moving into a 38x14x24 kuhmo road venture....heard NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM....if you're running 18's they're pretty cheap for you too! another good tire is the MT baja ATZ, have alot of friends running them with GREAT RESULTS....I'd say go Kuhmo for the look you want though.

Chad
Old 11-26-2009, 01:16 AM

ive had nitto terra grapplers and now have BFG AT. I like the BFGs better. Just make sure you get Load Range E since you haul alot. I have buddies that run Load Range D's but all i run is E's so they will handle the weight
Old 11-26-2009, 05:28 AM

Check out the new nitto mud tire. Its not the mud grappler they are crap but the new trail grappler m/t is a good lookin tire. The guy that owns a local off road shop here in wilson nc has got a set on his 09 f250. I've had the micky thompson mtz and they look good but wore out fast maybe 20,000 miles. the bfg's are nice but over priced for an all terrain. Ive had 2 sets of the nitto terra grapplers and personnaly ill never buy another all terrain other than nitto they last longer than bfg and ride better too. Thats my 2 cents.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:51 AM

Here's the trail grappler you can go to the website and do a dealer search.
Need Advise on Tires-baja_racing_news_nitto_trail_grappler_m_t.jpg
Old 11-26-2009, 05:52 AM

woops here you go here's the link.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6d2J4H20AN...appler+M+T.jpg
Old 11-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanwayne18 View Post
Check out the new nitto mud tire. Its not the mud grappler they are crap but the new trail grappler m/t is a good lookin tire.
Well, we all know what opinions are like, but I'm not sure how you can say the mud grappler is "crap", I just replaced a set of BFG KM2's with the Mud Grappler and they WAY out preform the BFG's in every way except mileage and noise. Anyway, more to the topic at hand...

Out of the tires that the OP listed, depending on how much offroad driving you do I would go with either the BFG or the Toyo's. As mentioned above, the new Nitto Trail Grappler looks pretty appealing too, but not too many people have any experience with them. The MTZ's don't get very good traction and they wear a bit quicker. The BFG's seem to be a little better off road, but the Toyo's probably last a bit longer. Good luck.
-Aaron
Old 11-26-2009, 06:27 AM

Ok sorry bout the crap comment ive had alot of dealings with off road tires and just never heard anybody say they really over all loved those mud grapplers! As far as the new nittos they are brand new and the owner of that offroad shop said he loves them so far. also 99psd-white said he does alot of driving so i was just thinkin road friendy with decent performance. Like you said everybody has opinions.

OH by the way Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.