a few mirror questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 02lariat7.3
a few mirror questions

i got my lighted 06 mirrors today,now i have a few questions one has a cracked lense, how do i get it out without damaging the mirror?, since i am replacing at least one anyway, are the smoked recon replacements any good?,also, i have power towing mirrors on my truck now, my new ones have power/lights/heat, how am i going to have to wire this up? i know ill have to run wire for the lights/heat,but will it plug in so at least the power works? thanks for reading and any imput is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 01:35 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
hey bud,

the recons are EXCELLENT. I had them on my old truck. as for the wiring, NO it won't plug right in, you'll have to get the schematic, located somewhere on here, I can't remember where. Ill try to find it somewhere, you'll have to cut the plug and find which wire does which, brown or black is ground. what I did was grounded it and put power to each specific thing, then ran the two wires together and did it that way. as for the lights what I did was went under the dashboard with a test light and turned the ignition to acc or on( whichever turns the signal on) and probed until I found which was which. good luck you'll love the look when you're done, you'd love the 08's more though......careful though, people steal stuff...

Chad
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mirror Wiring

On lighted/heated mirrors how does the heater work. Does the heater need to be on an on/off switch, or some type relay that turns them off automaticly after a period of time, (Kinda like a rear window defroster) I understand all the wiring except rhe heater wiring.

Thanks.....Dave
Old 11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My 99 only had power and i put power/heat on them. The stock wires were the same color the 3, then there was a black and black/white stripe sire. The black was ground, the striped wire was the hot wire for the heaters. I found a whole writeup for the lighted mirrors if I find it ill let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.