Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Front of Front spring hangar

608 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Sevinsyn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

So it's coming to that time (as much as most of us don't want to come to terms with it) to where we have to hook up the snow plows. I've been doing some checks over my truck -a 2001 F250 XLT with the ol' 7.3l- and changing things out including equipping it with 450/550 front springs (I run a Blizzard 810)

I've come to notice that my front of front spring hangar that bolts to the frame is getting kind of crispy and had a pin hole in it, so I welded a patch to it, but there's no way I'm running this with a plow on it like that, it's a safety hazard.

Now I've been looking for a replacement for it, but all I can find is lifted hangars, I cannot for the life of me find a factory hangar, and quite frankly I don't want to buy the 2" or 4.5" ones for the fact that the newer 450/550 springs are going to push the front out 2" from stock, and adding 2" would mean a new track bar, drop way bar, a drop pitman or spending $100 on an extended drag link coupler, new shocks, all expenses I don't want.

Does anyone know of a factory hangar or a like-factory hangar that won't absolutely rape me in cost?

Also, have any of you heard of spring assist shocks?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.