diy bumper - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to excursionMark
diy bumper

ok so this is kind of a multi part question and it might be a bit long so please excuse the length. ok first of all i want to make a bumper like the road armor and other brands out there essentially the big cool *** intense bumpers lol and i want to put an 05 grille on my truck so i was wondering if the bumpers for 05 and 00 are the same as far as mounting (obviously the drop in the middle is bigger in the 05) so when i make this bumper i want to make room for the 05 grille. if there are any guides templates pics or anything that would be helpful for making one of these bumpers that someone knows about it would be greatly appreciated if you could provide a link or info or anything. i also want to make a rear bumper if theres anything about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 10:46 AM

yep the bumper mounting is the same.... only difference is you will need to have a larger notch for the 05 grille... or lower the center section of the bumper so it works for just 05's. If you were to run it on a 04 and below there would be a gap between the grille and bumper...
Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Ihre Mama mag mich

toyr best bet is to JIG one out of card board and duct tape then cut it all apart and cut the plate from there "basic lay out skills needed"
you can start with a sub jig of a 4x4 post and the new brackets so you can screw in to that for holding support
Old 10-10-2009, 08:32 AM

you could always save yourself time and hassle and buy one of mine
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 PM

hey. i am in the middle of building a bumper like you are talking about. to be honest with you it is turning out to be alot more work then i had originally thought. mainly because i dont have the time to do it. so if your schedual is pretty full i dont think i would do it but on the other hand i have a total of about $200 into it vs paying over $1000 for a new one. so id say its all in how much time you have. if you have any questions about the build let me know and ill try to answer as best as i can. (on this post or pm me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.