Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Quad Fog Mod

5K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  Jonboywv12 
#1 ·
Haven't posted in a while...here's a little update - I decided to keep my truck and work my a$$ off to pay all my debts. So far I'm about 3/4 of the way there. Things are going great so far!

Anyways last weekend I had old fogs laying around so I decided to throw them on and added HIDs in them. Total cost for this mod : 90$
And about 3 months ago I put on chrome steps, on and my brother bought me a tint for my birthday. Right now I'm really happy with the way the truck looks.
Here's a few pics I took during the process

the new steps (no tint yet..):

I love how simple it is to take the front end apart. Luckily I had a couple buddies over for the bumper, but literally 4 bolts and 4 screws and the bumper and grille are gone:woot:
I was considering leaving the bumper and grille off...looks pretty badass but it's against the law:doh:

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks really good but it seems like you need some new tires!

#3 ·
Thanks man - yeah they're definitely illegal right now. New ones coming soon :nod:

#6 ·
Thanks bud! I went with the same HIDs as I previously had, to have them all match. They're 6000Ks.

#8 ·
Those look great!!
what did you do with your front tag?

#9 ·
hahaa....you got me. It's sitting in my driver's side door right now til I can Fab an offset bracket for the front:nod:

#10 ·
Where did you get those sweet INTERNATIONAL badges on your doors?

#11 ·
#12 · (Edited)
I like the quad fog mod! I removed my front tag bracket to get more air to my tranny cooler. Did help. Adding two fogs back would block the opening. :dunno: I have added another cooler since and may be able to get away with it. Good job!:thumb:

#13 ·
Thanks Hank :thumb:
I should post some pics of where I put the tag...I'm happy with the way it looks!

#14 ·
Too bad its illegal in MA for vehicles to run without a front tag.

On a side note, where do you get your HIDs from?

#15 ·
Too bad its illegal in MA for vehicles to run without a front tag.
I guess I'm lucky I can register my truck in a state where only the rear tag is required. What's the point of 2 tags again?

#18 ·
Truck looks sweet....Where did you buy the 2008 style mirrors from ?

#19 ·
Thanks man! I bought them Dfuser.com. At the time the price was right. Not anymore lol...

#20 ·
Some daytime pics

the guts

#21 ·
you should polish the center fogs they look a little yellowed.
other than that, looks sweet:nod:

#22 ·
I did to my double fogs several months ago too. I love it. No HID's yet for me though. Maybe soon.
It is illegal in VA for no front tag too, but oh well. Ive gotton pulled over and ticketed for running too many lights on the truck, but they never noticed I had no front tag. lol.
Your truck looks good bud :thumb:

#23 ·
Thanks Chris:thumb:
Running too many lights? What were you runnin?

#24 ·
I just had the headlights on and all four foglights on at the same time. Little did I know the law in VA states it's illegal to have more than four lights shining off the front of the truck :doh: Live and learn....$92 fine.

Luckily when I installed mine I wired them so that I can turn the two extra ones off and just run the stockers if I want to. That's what I usually do now. They are still there but I don't burn them very often. :shrug:

I showed the cop I could turn them off with a switch, he wasn't impressed, still got the ticket.

#25 ·
Damn, that sucks. I can do the same. I have actually met a cop car at night and I was running all 4 fogs and my headlights:doh: He never turned around though:dunno: There are some cops out there that are pretty oblivious to traffic laws...but you don't wanna get the ones that know the book inside out

#27 ·
lol I saw your thread about that...I was going to reply but didnt know how to explain it so here it goes... Mine were mounted on the bottom part in the center of the bumper. They squeezed right in there nicely and I just tie-wrapped them in place. Never had problems with the setup:thumb:

#29 ·
no prob hope that helps a little...I wasn't sure myself, but as long as it's somewhat sheltered from the elements it's fine. But you'll definitely be needing tie-wraps for that job lol

#34 ·
okay i have not read through the whole thread..just the first page to see what it looked like...anyway, i have a thread started and was wondering how to do this. i was wondering if you had any step by step directions on how to mount them and wire them up. i would like to run 4500Ks in them cause that is what im runnin now in my fogs. and plus it looks cool during the day. haha thanks alot.
-Jon

#35 ·
Hmm...I'll see what I can come up with but my old bumper is long gone, this is my new fog setup. Same thing but a little updated. However this time I couldn't screw the bottom of the bracket to the bumper, not enough room. They're tie-wrapped to a little hole in the bumper. No problems in just about a year...

the 2 center fogs dont work right now...Yeah i know, defies the purpose doesn't it. lol

#36 ·
looks good i guess what i am asking is do you have any directions on how you did like electrical wise...that would be great! thanks i love the truck as well i can only imagine how much more light it puts out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.