Head Light Install Help / Headlight Adjustment Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Head Light Install Help / Headlight Adjustment Help

I have new smoked headlight housings and bottom and corner lights to install so I can install my HID headlights.

Is there a right up on how to remove and replace the housings at all? I'm just learning as I go and figuring it out my self.

So far I finally figured out how the clips work on the headlights after breaking one and that the housings are a PITA to remove with little room to get to the clips and the bottom one that just has to squeeze to slide through the hole.

Looks like to remove the bottom and corner lens's, I have to remove the grill so I can remove the housing that holds them in then un bolt and un plug them, install new lens's then bolt in the housing (shroud) if you will then install headlights then grill, then hid's.

Is there any install diagrams or pictures or procedures or anything anyone has done or come up with for this to maybe help me out, save me time, show me tips and tricks and what not?

Last but not least, is there a guide to adjusting the headlights vs how high of lift your truck has? Should I adjust the new ones before installing to what the ones are in there now? Not even sure if the stock ones were adjusted after lift or not. I want to make this process as simple and easy as possible. If anyone has any links or anything please post up and let me know. I am not sure if there are certain regulations for headlight height in all or specific states of angle of how they are pointed up or down. Help a fellow member out, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 12:09 PM

Anyone? No one? Hello?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:31 PM

bump.

any installation diagrams on 05-07 headlights into a 99-03?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:37 PM

WOW don't need to pull the grill!
To pull the corners out of the 99-03 style you remove the two screws and PULL!. They are clipped in there, it's tight. Just pull with a good jerk (I know that goes against what you'll want to do but that's how they work)
And yes the headlights are a total PITA to get out holy crap. But it looks like you're definately on the right track. I adjusted them all the way out and over with a drill and it made it a lil easier.
As for aiming, I just waited til dark and found a point for reference (like a garage door) to aim them.

Just look at my sig pic . I did it!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 AM

Why did you only do the headlights and not the bottom lights? You should see how good mine looks with smoked head/corner/day running/fogs/tail/third brake lights.

I had to pull the grill for what I was doing with fog lights and some wiring and hid's in fogs and headlights and more stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.