The poor mans way???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mattypsd
The poor mans way????

hello everyone.. Im short on money but i bought a light bar for a good deal.
i want to mount some offroad lights on it but i can afford the kc lights. i was going to opt for some pro comps but i dont dig there covers.Also i really wont ever use the lights.. just for show. the kc stone guards are my favorite. so i was going to be cheap and get the pro comps and put the kc light covers on. but the kc lights measure 8.25 and the pro comps are 8. i was wondering if anyone has this.. or knows anyone.. to see if the covers still fit or it they can be siliconed on or somthing..

thanks yall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
not sure if that works, but if you put them on you will eventually want to use them, I had 5.5" lights behind the grille on my 99 at first for looks, than I used them more than headlights...you'll want to use them, don't silicone them on. plus you'll regret having something that doesn't work...your truck is too nice to not do something the right way.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:47 PM

dude that is lame lol!! That's like a guy gettin a Hemi and putting a Cummins emblem on it cause he couldn't afford the real engine lol.

I'm sorry. I don't got money either bro. Y'know honestly though the Hella lights are pretty good. You can get 'em at wally world. A buddy of mine had a couple of them on his truck, they would light the way quite well.

Or if you really wanna do what you said, you can probably get some kind of rubber strip like off a strap wrench, and glue that into the cover around the inner diameter around the edge.

Last edited by shu873; 08-20-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Nothin wrong with not havin the best brotha. We all gotta start some where. If someone gives ya $hit for not havin the nicest stuff, put them on there back. Buy what you can afford and upgrade to what you really want when you can afford it. Keep an eye on craigslist, nice stuff pops up all the time for crazy cheap
Old 08-19-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Nothin wrong with not havin the best brotha. We all gotta start some where. If someone gives ya $hit for not havin the nicest stuff, put them on there back. Buy what you can afford and upgrade to what you really want when you can afford it. Keep an eye on craigslist, nice stuff pops up all the time for crazy cheap
You are correct there is nothing wrong with not affording the best. You are absolutely correct. I personally think it's silly to get the slightly cheaper, and try to make it look like it's the expensive stuff. I just don't get it is all. But as for making the covers work, I bet my idea would work.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 PM

I WILL NEVER OFFROAD MY TRUCK I WILL NEVER EVEN USE MY LIGHTS ... ITS ALL FOR LOOKS.. I WANT THE KC STONE GUARD COVERS ON ANY LIGHT. WHY SPEND HUNDREDS TO HAVE THEM SIT THERE? WELL THEY LOOK GOOD THE KC. BUT I DONT CARE ABOUT BRIGHT WELL PREFORMING LIGHTS.
I FIGURED JUST SOME PRO COMP 50 DOLLARS 8 INCH LIGHTS. THAT LOOK GOOD.. BUT WITH THE 200 DOLLAR KC LIGHTS.. LIGHT COVERS..
I BELIEVE MY TRUCK LOOKS RATHER NICE. AND I JUST TO ADD SOME OFFROAD LOOK TO IT.. KINDA THE RICH OFFROAD LOOK THAT NEVER ACTUALLY SEES THE MUD.. ALSO SOLD MY STREET SCENE FLARES FOR SOME BUSHWACK POCKET FLAIRS TO ADD IN THE RICH OFFROAD LOOK..

HERE IS MY RIG. DONT DROOL TO MUCH..

THIS TO ME IS THE RICH OFFROAD LOOK THAT NEVER HITS THE TRAIL OR MUD PIT.. I LIKE IT.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 PM

THESE

WITH THESE

SAVES BIG ON MONEY. STILL WOULD LOOK GOOD IN MY OPINION..
Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Edition Send a message via Yahoo to Rockstar Edition
if you're gonna go the cheap route, go to harbor frieght they have the kc style lights for like 14.99 a piece just like those pro comps if they're only for looks and that's what you really want to do I would do that for the cheap route...but that's just me...where did you find those 8" lights for 50 a set? I need to order 2 sets of them.....they are awesome driving lights.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

sorry bro I dont understand the point of having a lifted truck with mud terrain tires on it if it never leaves the pavement.. dont get me wrong your truck is AWSOME, Im not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything like that, I just dont understand it. Whats the point?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Banned

Ill stick up for matty on this one, I dont ever take my truck off road either.....why take something that you spend thousands of dollars to upgrade just to take it offroad to make it filthy? that's ridiculous to me, I can't afford to break things, it's my toy and my anger issue removal project( I work on it when Im pissed off..) some people dont build their lifted trucks to make them filthy and beat on them, some people build them because it's more comfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.