10k mod = slippage? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
10k mod = slippage?

So I tried the 10k mod as well as a 4.7k mod, and they both made pronounced performance gains, but my trans was very lazy about shifting.

I dont think its from the extra power because it would do it even at part throttle. Anyone know what would cause this? And will a FTVB etc fix it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2008, 04:16 PM

I think it is just because of the power increase and not doing anything about the tranny.Mine did the same thing before I had the edge with the 10k mod.Yes ,a FTVB or JWVB or any of them should fix it.Then when you go with cutom tunes some day,you can just tell them you already have a modded VB
Old 12-20-2008, 11:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to FORDF35073PSD
The reason the transmission is experiencing lazy shifting and in some cases will slip is the nature of the PCM operating strategy. The 10K mod is telling the PCM that the injection control pressure (ICP) is low, so in turn the PCM commands a higher duty cycle to the injection pressure regulator (IPR). It will increase the duty cycle until it sees the desired pressure, when in actuality the pressure is much higher than what it sees. ICP is one of the inputs the PCM uses to calculate load, since it thinks the pressure is lower than it is it thinks it is under less of load, therefor decreasing transmission line pressure resulting in sloppy shifting and slippage.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:05 PM

I felt my tranny acting up and about 500 miles later it goes out $3650 to rebuilt it
Old 12-20-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF35073PSD View Post
The reason the transmission is experiencing lazy shifting and in some cases will slip is the nature of the PCM operating strategy. The 10K mod is telling the PCM that the injection control pressure (ICP) is low, so in turn the PCM commands a higher duty cycle to the injection pressure regulator (IPR). It will increase the duty cycle until it sees the desired pressure, when in actuality the pressure is much higher than what it sees. ICP is one of the inputs the PCM uses to calculate load, since it thinks the pressure is lower than it is it thinks it is under less of load, therefor decreasing transmission line pressure resulting in sloppy shifting and slippage.
Did they just teach you that in class last week Tyler? Jk
Old 12-20-2008, 03:51 PM

I had a 5.6k for a day or two. Tranny shifted horrible. Took it out
Old 12-20-2008, 04:07 PM

yeah the lower the resistor you put in the worse it will be, you can have the injection control pressure around 2000psi at idle when its targeted pressure is around 600psi. Makes for good response and more low end fueling, but at the mid to top end it is doing next to nothing for you. Usually sets code p1211 ICP above/below desired because the pcm never sees full pressure.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Once you go black......

Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
Hey guys, I have seen "the 10k mod" many times but, can you guys tell me exactly what it is?
Many thanks..
Old 12-20-2008, 04:14 PM

its just a resistor that you place in your ICP port and it increases pressure to the injectors.. the 10k did nothing for me put the 5.6k in and i could of used the go pedal with my finger...yah that snappy.
Also gives you a little black smoke.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Did they just teach you that in class last week Tyler? Jk
no i was actually just making all of that stuff up no not really it was some of what i learned at school and some of what i figured out with my laptop hooked up to the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.