Tranny problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tranny problems

Ok here goes I have a 2000 f250 with banks 3 position 5 inch exh cold air diesel cool down timer ok the problem is I have had this trans built I mean every part brand new pump everything new solinoids new fliple switch but the problem is I can drive the truck for awhile and it will shift perfect then all a sudden I have to run the rpms up to get it to shift and when it does it's like it shift's to drive and overdrive instantly then it will stay in overdrive for awhile until any resitance in the road and it will down shift to not drive still in overdrive I can push the overdrive switch and it will shift down yet the rpm are running up. I am lost and so is my tranny guy oh I also have a new triple clutch lockup conveter please help I am going crazy and need my truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2008, 05:26 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanrome View Post
Ok here goes I have a 2000 f250 with banks 3 position 5 inch exh cold air diesel cool down timer ok the problem is I have had this trans built I mean every part brand new pump everything new solinoids new fliple switch but the problem is I can drive the truck for awhile and it will shift perfect then all a sudden I have to run the rpms up to get it to shift and when it does it's like it shift's to drive and overdrive instantly then it will stay in overdrive for awhile until any resitance in the road and it will down shift to not drive still in overdrive I can push the overdrive switch and it will shift down yet the rpm are running up. I am lost and so is my tranny guy oh I also have a new triple clutch lockup conveter please help I am going crazy and need my truck.
Is your OD light flashing?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

the overdrive button is not flashing
Old 11-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Premium Member

psd

did you use the old trans cooler?it sounds like something is cloged.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

new trans cooler new trans every thing in trans new electronics new converter I am just stumped I have ordered a bd diesel trans control unit to see it it will help with the shift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.