Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Vibration at 3k rpm in park

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Cj Ford 
#1 ·
Hello all,
This is my first post and I'm desperately looking for some help on my early 99 F350. I have a automatic trans, crewcab that has a vibration that starts to build at 2500 RPM and seems to peak at 3000 RPM. This is in park not moving. This vibration can be felt through the floor boards and pedals. With my camper in the bed of the truck it does seem to be less but I think that's because the extra weight absorbs it. So far my mechanic has replaced the torque converter and transmission with ATS units. We have been chasing this issue now for 3 week and I'm at my wits end. :confused:Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Motor mounts?

#4 ·
Foamy, it also does it when driving but I stated that way so that you can dismiss issues like drive shaft, bearings etc in the drive train. This is definitely in the transmission and forward. Since we have replaced the trans and torque converter it must be something forward or that. Flex plate perhaps????? or maybe we got a bad torque converter or trans but the odds of that are very slim. I have also removed the serpentine belt to eliminate any moving parts like power steering pump, alternator, AC compressor, fan, water pump, etc. It was still there.:confused:

#5 ·
again, check your motor mounts

#7 ·
wouldn't hurt to check the harmonic balancer too .. but id check engine mounts as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.