no reverse unless I rev it up an wont shift pass 2and unless 3k rpms - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 01:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to danf350
no reverse unless I rev it up an wont shift pass 2and unless 3k rpms

All of a sudden my truck wont shift out of 2nd unless I bring the rpms to 3k an reverse dosent work unless I rev it up but if I unplug the the plug from the gear selector reverse works fine but still wont shift out of 2nd unless it revs real high please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2013, 02:28 PM

OD light is blinking also
Old 10-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Angry Same shifting problem

I have the same exact problem. No normal 3rd or 4th. Vehicle needs to race to get it maybe to go to 3rd?, reverse is fine with solenoid plug removed else high RPM needed to engage backwards movement. I also noticed at say 40MPH, engine goes to idle if gas pedal is backed off. No engine to transmission engagement. It is like coasting in neutral.

What I have done, changed the solenoid block three times. Each time it fixed it for a short time. 1st time couple weeks with a used rebuilt block, 2nd time couple months also used rebuilt block, 3rd time two days and this one was a brand new one and here is were the car sits broke and I am stumped. With each solenoid block changed, it was completely fixed for a while. why?
My thoughts is: One of the functions of the solenoid block functions is to control the oil pressure by removing the plug the pressure is higher and that may be why reverse works normal with plug removed. Is something killing each of these solenoid blocks or is it just a coincident.

One other thing to note, bought the Excursion in Florida, Drove it around a while there and it was fine. Then it acted up the same as now. but then it fixed itself, drove to Pittsburgh PA over a three day period and it was fine. After a couple days headed to Erie PA and it was broke and drove the hole way in 2nd and may have shifted to 3rd some of the way. That is when I started to change the solenoid blocks. It has never fixed it self again as in Florida.

I need help also
Old 10-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is the fluid level topped off? Have you scanned for codes? If its been serviced, is the correct fluid in it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-28-2013, 01:50 PM

all beter

Next day drove around an its like nothing happend today same shifts fine idk what the deal is I have a chip in it could that do something
Old 10-30-2013, 03:29 AM

same bs

This morning shifting like **** again no OD any ideas tranny not sliping or nothing have to rev an let off the gas to get it in 3rd but no OD hurd it might be selonoid pack help if you can would be great snows coming need this fixed I dont have a garage sucks workin on **** in the snow lol
Old 11-06-2013, 03:03 PM

Thumbs down still no reverse or OD

Replaced the selonoid pack changed range selector still nothing but dont know why reverse works perfect when range selector is unplugged but stillno OD please help
Old 11-07-2013, 02:52 AM

Yes fluid is full I have to get it scaned
Old 11-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have not worked on my like tranny problem for a while. I also noticed with the tranny problem that I have the ground missing to activate the glow plug relay when the Wait to start light is on. Ground wire goes straight to computer. Dash WAIT to start works ok but this is a different circuit than the relay.

The tranny problem may be wiring or computer. Just don't know. As your reverse works fine with the solenoid plug removed, mine is also fine with the plug removed. Do we have a bad ground?

Need to know what is different in reverse plug on or off.

I am going to order a pressure gauge to check the pressure difference plug on or off.

Right now I am working on a 2006 expedition that the tranny cooling line to radiator rusted out.
Fix here is not nice! FORD quick disconnects are rusted. Must replace New lines, radiator and external transmission oil cooler required all because of the quick disconnects.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The tranny on my 03 was having trouble in reverse as well, I'd have to rev it up as well to get it to move. If I had to reverse it uphill, it would actually roll down the hill forward while in reverse. I also scanned it on a computer and watched the torque converter as it shifted and it was fine. (Had that replaced a year prior to the reverse giving me trouble) Tried topping off the fluids as well.

Took it to a tranny shop to rebuild it, burnt out 3rd, 4th, and reverse clutches.

My truck was lifted on 38s, I see yours is lifted in your avatar picture, may be a correlation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.