O/D issues and superchips...Connected? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
O/D issues and superchips...Connected?

Saturday evening on my way home from a trip I noticed a 6.0 with LOADS of "diesel performance" style logo's all over and a tiny stock exhaust with a tip so I decided to play around and romp on the ole' truck and let him hear some spooling action then 2 blocks down I proceeded to the interstate on ramp and he got his justice... My truck wouldn't shift into O/D and then after it hit around 60mph it starting slipping bad and I had to slow to 45mph, so I limped it 1 mile to the next exit and got off. Checked all the normal stuff, trans temp was good, trans fluid level good and looked/smelled fine so I took some back roads I knew the rest of the way home and when accelerating the first 3 gears seemed to shift normal but would take 1-2 minutes cruising at 50mph+ and then slowly shift into O/D but never felt the TC locked so I flipped my TC lockup switch and nothing happened.
Got a chance to look the truck over today and all still seemed o.k. so in preparation to take her to the trans shop tomorrow I thought about the superchips and seeing some prior threads of issues I decided to unplug it and drive it today and there are NO issues... Of course the shifts are different than before but feel like factory and now even the TC lockup switch is working again!
The superchips is the style that plugs directly into the PCM case and has a small 2 wire switch (I don't know which model but where it plugs in it's a small gold metal housing with the superchips name stamped on) do you think this little guy is related to any issues? I will still take the truck by the trans shop tomorrow and have it checked out and maybe go ahead and have it gone through, but I am curious!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update:
We got the truck back from the transmission shop with good news! there was a bad connection to the trans wiring harness and with new fluid and filter and the wiring fixed we are back on the road, first day back we hauled our heaviest load to the job site with no issues... The load is a steel wheeled roller and LeeBoy paving machine with trailer over 38,000lbs.

Total repairs:
Fluid and filter $212
Wiring $56

And BTW the Superchips is still in and keeping the shifts nice and firm!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.