Trying to complete ZF6 / 7.3 swap - slave cylinder hanging up... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trying to complete ZF6 / 7.3 swap - slave cylinder hanging up...

we replace the new flywheel new clutch behind my 7.3 shift fork and that seem to going real well transmission went in but the slave cylinder now hangs up about halfway down when the clutch pedal is pushed down.... slave cylinder works fine when it is not connected to the transmission...

I tried to do more research and I read about plates or shields and another about an adapter of the old E40D transmission in which I did not have one....

my truck is 2 wheel drive.. 1999 F550

does anyone know if I am missing a spacer or shield, or has a complete with or can pull up a link of where I can find the component that are needed to complete the swap???

I originally went into the swamp because a friend sounded like he had some knowledge of it and is a certified mechanic but, now that we're in two doing so far we are from messing around and I need to get the truck running asap...

if anyone would like to text me or give me a call I would appreciate it - (7!5)-8!7-4976
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Shift fork looks straight... I have a single mass flywheel , standard clutch setup from auto parts store,,
New pressure plate ..

is it possible that they sent me the parts for a Zf5 or anything ??

i am not a mechanic by any means so im here hoping to find a solution to the problem i have...

We dropped the tranny back out last night and pulled everything apart cause buddy thought maybe something was installed wrong --- everything looks ok....

I also read about lengthening the rod on the slave cylinder...???
Old 05-03-2013, 06:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any ideas ?????

Pressure plate wrong to single mass flywheel ? Does anyone have part numbers i can reference from ?

Everything goes together and looks fine.... I've had the clutch parts so long that i dont have boxes or receipts.... I have limited internet access - any links to good builds would help
Old 05-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

we took the trans back out . Checked pressure plate on a press an its working. Reinforced the shift fork....

the new slave cylinder was bad . New one in right now and it does not have the rod travel it needs... With clutch fully pressed down - there's no pressure on the slave and the rod does not touch the shift fork...

Does anyone know what i need to fix ?? I.have to get the truck mobile to go back home while family is dealing with cancer...

How thick is the pressure plate that is used on these swaps ???? Maybe the parts are wrong ???

What about the spacer plates that are used ???

Send me.a text ANYTIME OF NIGHT... 7!5-8!7. 4976
Old 05-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Read somewhere to take 1.5" spacer off engine block - did so.... Tried to put trans back in and its not wanting to come together .... My truck is too heavy for the lift so its limited movement...

the search pulls up ALOT of stuff - shows no pictures or multiples of same thread....

How tight are the clearances between pressure plate and bell housing???

I am stuck in midland Texas and the service sucks everywhere you turn.... Need to get figured out ??
Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is this even the right Tranny ???

F81A-7003-CE
Serial number 8221617
Parts list number 1319050005
Old 05-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The beast is in............ the pile is in....
Old 05-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Started.............

Happy character.... powerstroke.org should retrieve lost pics and create a better sticky thread without the added here an there small talk - sometimes people are depending on internet resource....

Hope the trans works well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.