Extremely weird...Transmission shifts itself in Neutral..?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Extremely weird...Transmission shifts itself in Neutral..??

I was pulling into a restaurant last night and as I hit the parking lot the truck seemed like it was in neutral. (not sure if it was in neutral didn't try any elimination procedures simply just left it to have a good time, but i do know that it just revved and that's it..had all engine power) I pulled into a parking spot ate dinner and when I come out hoping all would be ok, my alarm wouldnt unlock the doors. I go home grab my stock remote truck unlocks..alarm goes off...I proceed to hit the unlock button..nothing. I re-sync the remote/alarm remote it unlocks. I start the truck no problem and drive away..no problems. No over heating problems either which is another issue I've had with the tranny.

2003 F-350 FX4 7.3 original tranny cooler, 4inch exhaust, 35 in tires, 4r100 tranny, 142,000 miles on truck and tranny

Truck seems to be possessed right now lol acting on its own. Truck runs good for now...but plan on taking it in to have tranny worked on and hoping to solve the issue. But any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did some process of elimination today and drove great shifted good. Buuttt, when I parked it I just sat there and went threw the gears..N-revs up but comes back to original idol rpm
D-just stays the same for the most part minor movement
R-Idols down like its got a load and in some cases it died. I repeated this process several times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.