Serious Trans problem, No Solution so far? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Serious Trans problem, No Solution so far?

OK guys. I need your help

I have a 2003 ford f250 rear 2wd 7.3 turbo

Almost every morning when I drive the truck and sometimes a couple times a day, when stuck in reverse it slams into gear.

Some days are worse than others.

Sometimes Ill even stick it in reverse and ill give it gas and it still acts like its in park or neutral. I have to stick it in Drive, go forward maybe a few inches, then back in reverse and then in slams into reverse so hard that you jerk forward a little bit.

Now the transmission oil was changed like 6 months ago and its already burnt cause of this. I changed it again about a month and a half ago and its already burnt again.

I've taken the truck to 3 very well known ford diesel mechanics and so far they cant get the truck to do anything and cant find anything wrong with it!

What do I do!

Does anyone know whats going on here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 04:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 possibel problems. The manual low/ reverse piston has lip seals on it and over time they shrink hence the hesitate and slam into gear when they finally grab and seal. Mostly give problems when cold. Same thing with the 3rd/ reverse piston. Low fluid level can also cause it, even if it shows full on the stick, add 1/2 qt. Might fix it.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipz2222 View Post
2 possibel problems. The manual low/ reverse piston has lip seals on it and over time they shrink hence the hesitate and slam into gear when they finally grab and seal. Mostly give problems when cold. Same thing with the 3rd/ reverse piston. Low fluid level can also cause it, even if it shows full on the stick, add 1/2 qt. Might fix it.
Well i know I have plenty of fluid, I just changed it 2 months ago and its already all burnt again.

So you think what you have mentioned could still be the problem?

Are the seals at all noticeable if i drop the pan or anything?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not noticeable in the pan. They are inside the trans inside clutch drum assy. Has to be rebuilt to change them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.