Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Went Wheelin and........

947 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dmd 
#1 ·
So I was out in the dunes.....Cruising aroung for a little while and while i was in 4 wheel drive the trans started acting funny. Wouldnt shift up in 4Lo into second.... Then on the way home I couldnt accelerate very well, anymore then 5% throttle and all it would do is slip. Once the converter locks up its on like usual. I was driving around today and i still cant get it to shift into second without manual shifting. If u put in drive it will not go into second on its own. Checked fluid and topped her off a little, took it around the block and the OD light started flashing. Limped her home and now she sits in the driveway......

Please help!!
I just spent a bunch of money on this truck and I cant even drive!

#3 ·
I don't have a scanner for the tcm. I don't think I can read it with my bully dog thing. I'll se what I can do.

#4 ·
I forgot about my aeroforce guage. Just went and checked and i got P1212, P0781, P0541, second one is the only tran code. 1-2 shift malfunction. Im thinking solinoid pack since all the internals are almost brand new and i was having some intermitent shift issues before.

#5 ·
If the dunes are Glamis, at least you can get a good trans at John Woods.. His is
right there in Holtville I believe.

#6 ·
Well part of the issue is that I just built it my self with a couple of professional 4r100 guys helping me and I put in all the goodies except hard parts. I'm not going for biq hp numbers I just wanted a towing machine that I didn't have to worry about. And it was juniper dunes up here in Washington state. Thought about doin a woods or bts but I couldn't swing the cost at the time. I just upgraded the converter to a precision industries pink stallion. The solenoid pack should be here next week some time, I'm really hoping for that to work

#7 ·
If I were you, at the same time the pan is dropped, pull the VB's out, and make sure all your valves move freely. I would also check my feed bolts and make sure they didn't come loose.

#8 ·
Yea, BTS is costly.. Had mine for 4 days now, it really hooks up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.