Trans going? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-02-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Trans going?

Crusing at 35-40 I can let off the throtle and the rpms drop to idle speed, I can rev the engine to about 1500 then the trans engauges and everything feels/shifts fine. Im just not sure if this is normal. Also I only have about 4,000 miles on the trans since the rebuild, Im just a few days out of my waranty

2000 F-250 Reg. Cab Long Box, 4x4, Auto., 285/75/16 GY Dura Tracs,

1990 Mustang 5.0 LX hatchback, auto, Prowler orange. Car has full exhaust, E-cam, Trick Flow upper and lower intake, ADJ. fuel pressure reg, A/C delete, AOD with hardened shafts shift kit and TCI 3500 stall, not yet installed 3:73 gears, and TFS Twisted Wedge heads
post #2 of 8 Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like TC unlocking.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-08-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

is it not suposed to unlock? sorry this is my first super duty, ive had all stick dodges before this

1990 Mustang 5.0 LX hatchback, auto, Prowler orange. Car has full exhaust, E-cam, Trick Flow upper and lower intake, ADJ. fuel pressure reg, A/C delete, AOD with hardened shafts shift kit and TCI 3500 stall, not yet installed 3:73 gears, and TFS Twisted Wedge heads
post #4 of 8 Old 09-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Completely normal. USUALLY if you are going over 40-45 MPH and let off the throttle your RPMS will stay the same and your trucks TC will stay locked until you drop to 30-35 MPH.
If you are driving 0-40 your TC will lock but unlock when you let off the throttle and your RPMS will hit idle. if you hit the go pedal it will rev up to where it needs to be before it Locks up again again... The lockup speeds are different depending on your driving habit chip etc.

2005 F250 6.0 King Ranch Crew Cab Short Bed 4X4
-MODS-
4" Turbo Back Straight Pipe
Sinister EGR Delete
Sinister Coolant Filter
Cat EC-1 Coolant

post #5 of 8 Old 09-09-2010, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

awsesome, thats what i wanted to hear, and thats exactly what its doing. thanks guys

post #6 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 10:33 AM

were you hearing a clank at all when you would slow down and then get on the pedal again

00' f350 7.3 8" lift 37x13.5x20 toyo mt, xd wheels, 16 chrome shocks all around, air ride, quad pillar gauge, ghost flame paint, PHP chip, DIY Intake, Zoodad mod, foil delete, recon smoked cab lights, recon smoked led third brake light, wicked wheel, nc hornet's ccv mod, riffraff boots, HPX, 4" turbo back 8" miter stack.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlake3fitty View Post
were you hearing a clank at all when you would slow down and then get on the pedal again
im hearing that with mine. someone was trying to tell me it was normal. seems a little weird

Steve- Green 2001 F250, 4" lift w/ 355's, 20" atx mojave teflon wheels, 5" mitre cut stacks, afe intake, power hungry tuning, fabtech desert guard w/ lights, and more to come.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM

it does that with mine also but its only sometimes that i can really hear it. sometimes pretty loud and other times cant hear it at all

00' f350 7.3 8" lift 37x13.5x20 toyo mt, xd wheels, 16 chrome shocks all around, air ride, quad pillar gauge, ghost flame paint, PHP chip, DIY Intake, Zoodad mod, foil delete, recon smoked cab lights, recon smoked led third brake light, wicked wheel, nc hornet's ccv mod, riffraff boots, HPX, 4" turbo back 8" miter stack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode