Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what would you do?

739 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kblv247 
#1 ·
I was wondering my spare transmission has been sitting for at least 3 years. it has fluid in it. is there anything that I should replace before installing it. Like orings and seals:dunno:

#4 ·
i cant say i know the history other than what was told to me by the person that i bought it from.
the story goes that this guys father-in-law passed away and he and his wife inherited his stuff. the father in law had wrecked his 99.5 f250 superduty and totaled it. the body was so bad that he decided to just part it out. he decide to keep the motor and transmission. the tranny was supposedly rebuilt about 9000 miles before the wreck. the tranny looks brand new,very clean, the pump in the bell housing has a fresh coat of blac paint. the torque converter is still attached to the back of the motor and looks brand new as well. i just was wondering if anyone has any experience with having a tranny sit that long?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.