99 f 350 hard to shift or wont - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 99 f 350 hard to shift or wont

hello, i have a 99 f 350 sd diesel auto
i resently upgraded to 46in tires from 43s. gear wernt liking them so i put 5:38 front an rear when i got my truck back abs light was on guess it was bcz of the gears. overdrive light would come on sometime an truck would shift hard an run a lil funny. so i bought superlift tru speed i hear it will fix it. i have not yet installed it an its been ok for about 500 mile. this morning my truck didnt want to shift i had to keep letting off to make it ****. when i left work it was ok then od light came on an it went it the protect mode but still was shifting just hard. i turned off the truck to make the light go off. then it started not wanting to shift again but no od. changed trans filter. worked fine for 10 or 15 min the od came on an went in to protect mode. so then again i turned off the truck to turn off light. when i drove starting not wanting to shift again. there was no medal shaving in pan an everything looked ok. not sure what to do i thinks its a celinoid or something. or i jus need to put the truspeen in which im doin tomorrow. any one seen this before an what should i do? sorry for the long story any input would be appreciated thanks alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

put the tru speed in an didnt seem to do anygood
Old 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I put a new vss an oss didn't know there was one more at the top of the trans doin that one tomorrow. I got 3 abs codes faulty rear light an 2 speed sensor codes so hopefully I figure it out tomorrow jus don't understand why my speedo bounces up an down. Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.