Envine revs when shiffted into park - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Envine revs when shiffted into park

I have a 2000 7.3 F350 crew cab and I recently replaced the OSS and VSS for a problem that I found the answer for in this forum however, after searching today I did not find an answer for my current issue. For about a month after replacing these I had no problems now after driving, then stop and shift into park, the engine revs up. Do I need to replace the 3rd sensor or do I have a different problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

More information

I finally got more information from my husband. He says that when he stops and then shifts from D to P, the engine revs up to between 1200 - 1500 rpm's and then drops to 800 then the OD light flashes.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ck codes and see what's turning the od light on...
Old 03-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I wish I could, but I can't afford to pay the dearship over $100 for them to check it out and give me the code. And the transmission shops that will not charge say that it will take 2 to 3 hours to get the code out, and Autozone and O'Rileys don't have a device to read the transmission codes. I have a code scanner on order, but it will not ship until Monday. Unfortunately I am in a situation where my 2 trucks are both in need of repair and I own my own business so I can't be away from it. It is one of those things where is it safe to drive the Ford and not damage the transmission or do I take a chance on the Dodge with it's problems of needing new tires, ball joints, and the radiator leaking (started today at the seam).
Old 03-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

2 to 3 hrs???? More like 2 to 3 minutes to read codes and 15 minutes to test drive. I charge $65 for that(have to pay for that $4,000 computer) but then apply that to any repaire if customer chooses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.