Clutch pedal clicking on engagement stroke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch pedal clicking on engagement stroke

Heard a brand new noise today as I got into my truck and fired it up. As I released the clutch pedal from taking the truck out of gear to allow it to warm up, I heard and felt this clicking noise/feeling come from the clutch pedal. So I got under the dash and started depressing and releasing the clutch pedal to find out where the clicking was coming from. I notice that on releasing the pedal I can see the master cylinder moving just a little away from the fire wall on the release stroke and as it is released you can hear, see and feel something clicking inside. It makes no noise or clicking on the depress stroke, only when I engage the clutch on the up stroke. Just wondering if there is a retainer clip that holds the master to the firewall that could have broke or could the clutch position sensor be going and need replaced or do I need to look at a new master cylinder? I'm stumped !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

First Post.... long time lurker... and by no means a mechanic...

OP did u get this resolved?

I have the same problem. From what i saw under the dash is that there is a sensor that sits on top of the Master Cylinder. This sensor is what makes the clicking in my truck (I believe its purpose is to ensure the clutch is depressed prior to starting the engine). From what I have read elsewhere it seems that there is a retainer clip inside the master that keeps the pedal from coming all the way up near the near the access panel under the steering wheel. This clip wears out and then the pedal proceeds to spring further and further up towards the dash. As this happens that sensor becomes looser and looser and starts clicking. This is where I have been at for a month or so. I am just used to keeping my foot on the clutch all the time to prevent the pedal from springing all the way up to the dash.

On this and other forums peoples suggestion seem to be to get a new "pre-bled" master slave kit. I have called three different dealerships here in so-cal looking for this pre-bled kit with no luck everyone is willing to sell me the master for around 100 and the slave for 70.

While bleeding the hydraulic system does not appear too involved it is something i would rather not do. I wish there was just a bleed screw on the slave.

tl;dr. Master is shot. Bleeding the system is difficult. Any aftermarket alternatives? or sealed kits?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just found this. my local stealership wondries ford has 2 in stock and claim they are 250 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
part number 2C3Z-7C522-A, AND ROD NEEDED IS 6C3Z-2143-BA, tel them to get you those if you decide to do that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.