Transmission Dummy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Transmission Dummy

I have a 2001 PSD with the 4R100 auto trans. I have a edge programmer giving it 80 ponies or so. My trans slips like crazy shifting from first to second, and again from third to fourth. IF I drive like a grandma it will short shift and shift hard. I assumed since I have 240,000 miles on my truck that it was probably too much power for the worn out stock torque converter so I replaced it with the Banks tc and trans command they suggested. After spending 1300 bucks on the parts and a few hours of my labor, the change.... nothing. Once it slips and finally shifts it will actually bark the tires. I have done some searching online and found some insight that it could be the solenoid block. Does this sound correct? If so where can I find one that isn't used? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 PM
shaking things up

try getting rid of the edge first they are know to be terrible for trannies and the banks trans command and get custom tuning from one of the many out there TW, DP, SWAMPS, ect.... that should help your problem as they will actually control your tranny much better
Old 01-21-2010, 01:45 PM
shaking things up

btw where you from?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

I am originally from Missouri, but my job took me to the Chicago area. BTW, I put the edge in it to try to keep it from slipping. I used to have a superchips programmer and it slipped as well. My transmission buddy back home said it was just my tc locking up. The edge was supposed to increase the shift firmness. I have a buddy up here that has a 2001 with a bullydog and he is willing to let me borrow it to see if it makes a difference so maybe I will try your idea.

Thanks again.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

mine does the same thing. I need a rebuild........
Old 01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
shaking things up

np this site is FULL of helpful info if you dig deep enough or post up what you need it may need a rebuild but if you just had it out the tc is know good correct? if so i would have them check the clutches and install a shift kit in it if you can
Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 PM

No way a tc can cause a slip in 2nd or 3rd. 240,000 miles and you start adding horsepower??? Not a good idea. Go ahead a get your trans rebuilt before you destroy the new tc. fyi.... Most trans shops will not warranty a rebuilt trans unless it has a new converter. Not a new cconverter that has already been run in a slipping trans.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:03 AM

When I had my edge it seemed to slip also I just put in My DP tuner and it doesn't seem to slip anymore. The edge did it only when I got on it though if I just drove around normal it was fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.