Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HELP...Already know it's toast - But .. Tranny of 01' F350

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SuperCrutyPS 
#1 ·
Drove to Chicago over the weekend for a funeral. My truck is an 01' F-350 (auto) and she's never given me any problems BUT she's aging a little and has 176K on her now. Got to Chicago on a straight drive from Kansas, no problems, drove in town, no problems, parked for an hour the next day at my cousins and the truck would barely engage into D. Crawled forward for a couple miles - checked fluid (ok), goes into R fine - but no forward gears. I figure I need a tranny - but would appreciate suggestions for what and where as I'm not from here in Chicago and figure this is an ideal place to get "screwed" in the big city.
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Drove to Chicago over the weekend for a funeral. My truck is an 01' F-350 (auto) and she's never given me any problems BUT she's aging a little and has 176K on her now. Got to Chicago on a straight drive from Kansas, no problems, drove in town, no problems, parked for an hour the next day at my cousins and the truck would barely engage into D. Crawled forward for a couple miles - checked fluid (ok), goes into R fine - but no forward gears. I figure I need a tranny - but would appreciate suggestions for what and where as I'm not from here in Chicago and figure this is an ideal place to get "screwed" in the big city.
Thanks in advance!
When you checked the fluid, what do you mean by it was ok? If the fluid level is a little too low, it won't go into gear... what was the color and smell? Ever experienced any slipping, or shift problems?

#3 ·
Personally if I was in your situation. I would go to AAMCO. I have used them several times. Here are the reasons why I would choose AAMCO.

1. 12,000 mile/ 1 year warranty
2. Located Nationwide
3. Reasonable
4. I have not been dissappointed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.