Serving Our Country!
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hernando, FL
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Setting trans fluid level by filling the pan...?
At some point in the past, when I was installing a shift kit on a 4R70W, I seem to remember stumbling on some advice to ensure the correct fill of the transmission. The procedure was to install the pan but keep it loose (so the pan gasket will leak) and fill through the dipstick. Filling should then be stopped when fluid begins to leak at the gasket (i.e. the pan is exactly full). Has anyone heard of this? Is it complete BS? Does it work on the 4R100?
2002 F-250 Lariat Extended Cab Long Bed, 7.3L, Auto, 4x4
- 6" BDS Suspension lift (All spring)
- 315/75R16 BFG A/Ts
- DP-Tuner F6
- DIESELSITE CPR Fuel System
- Turbo-Master Wastegate Controller
- Donaldson AIS Intake w/ "Zoodad" and AIH Delete
- MBRP 4" T304 Exhaust
- Coolant filter, Evans NPG+ Coolant, 203* Thermostat and Billet Housing
- Factory Tech Valve Body
- ISSPRO Gauges (Boost, Pyro, Trans)