Tranny Issues, Please help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tranny Issues, Please help!

2002 F350 Auto trans

So heres the Deal about a month ago i hop in my truck at work put it into drive and nothing happens. I give the truck a little throttle and it slowly starts rolling at about 2200 RPM almost like its trying to start out in 3rd gear. I took it out of drive and put it in 1st gear and everything acts normal but as soon as i put it back in drive it falls on its face again. I load the truck up, haul it to the mechanic and the next day he calls and says its driving and acting just fine he had been driving it all over town (WTF?). So i go pick the truck up, it has ran fine for about 1000 miles and now its doing it again. any ideas??

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ran into the same problem. Took to Ford dealer and had the check run on it. Codes P0750 - 0755 - 0743 - 1754 - 1746 - 1747. They stated to change out the solenoid control pact at $927. Trans had 186,000 miles on it so Just had the trans totally rebuilt with new pack. Strange but it is doing the same thing again. Must be something in the wiring or computer. Hope you find your problem.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Very difficult to diagnose. Lose of power to solenoid causes 3rd gear starts. Computer thinking vehicle is doeing 30 mph, 3rd gear starts, etc etc. Needs a scanner on it to see whats happenning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.