6 speed swap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6 speed swap

hi everybody im new to all this online jazz!!! i am doing the 6 speed swap in my f350 and i need help i am driving down in the morning to get everything off a donor truck trans tcase, pcm, lines, pedal assm, the only thing i am hayzeee on is do i have to change drive lines and does the pedal assembly bolt into the firewall or is there chopping involved.... and last how much is it to get my chip reburned and where do you have this done i hear it has to ?????

help please this would be good to know before i drive 3 hr to get it all and come home and be needing drive lines because i am getting it all for 2k ....so anyone who know's and could help thanks much

oh and i will be needing a good clutch any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

you can get your pcm burned at dp tuner. there is a hole for the pedal *** to bolt into but you have to cut your floor to fit the trans cause it taller. also you have to rig up the auto trans shifter to sit in park so the truck will start. Your wiring harness wont fit up to it so you wont have reverse lights either. Big Stroker did a write up on it if you look up that thread
Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 PM

id get a valair clutch i love mine and a short shifter youll need it lol
Old 10-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yea i have been reading his for days its the only one that comes up on most searches but he never said if the drive lines are different ... how much is it to have the chip reburned and whats that clutch run ??? thanks for your help
Old 10-24-2009, 09:48 AM

how much power do you wanna make that will affect how much the clutch is. i did my swap with rob who had already done the swap into his excursion. my driveshafts fit right up to it, but i think he had already swapped his transfer case, not too sure on that.

VALAIR CLUTCH KIT 99 - 03 7.3L FORD POWERSTROKE 6 SP:eBay Motors (item 110328488831 end time Nov-14-09 15:20:09 PST)

this is my clutch and where i got it from give them a call for the best price and they have awesome service, i had them 2 day ship it to me for 650 total
Old 10-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey thanks again for the info and that link! i am just going to run edge like a have and a intake and my stacks it works for what i do we dont have the money for much else me and my wife just got married and have to ajust the bill acorrdingly hahah!! it all right tho we love the truck how it is for now...

... i just went down today and pulled the whole swap out of the donnor truck it is pretty much not bad i got every piece and part needed i am going to take pic's and post them when someone show me how that mastercylinder bolts right up i looked... and the drive line are the same i will keep update of progress tho thanks again
Old 10-25-2009, 04:38 PM

okay cool shoot me a pm if you need more help n ill give you my number
Old 11-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

okey i got the tranny in and it was pretty easy i need to know how to get it to crank over with the old auto harness in place.. i got the pcm from the donor truck but everyone says it wont work unless it had all the options mine has is this true?? and if not i cant get mine to even turn over i tryed pluging the gear selector into the old wiring harness and put it in part still nothing ?? so does anyone have a clue of how or what wires to jumper i know people have done this its all i need to drive the truck thanks.. ps i just want to start it and move it than i am pulling my pcm and haveing it reburned by jody at DP tuners thanks nick !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.