My new tranny seems like it's already going down hill - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My new tranny seems like it's already going down hill

Just got a new tranny replaced 20k miles (4 months) ago and yesterday while driving it seemed like it didn't want to change from 3rd into 4th. It hasn't done it since, but today when I was driving it seemed like it was going from 3rd to 2nd and it didn't want to change for a second. It felt like a hard shift when it did. I had a superchip 1705 on my old tranny, but sold it while the new OEM tranny was being installed. I got the manager to put on the warranty work (3 years/100k miles) that if it is chipped they will still honor the warranty. Seeing as I've had this stock the whole time I'm sure they'll think it was chipped if I have to bring it in. I guess I shouldn't worry, but man this sucks. It cost 3.3k to have this tranny replaced and I hope warranty will cover any parts in labor since they said 3year/100k mile warranty.

Has anyone had a tranny go out on them this soon after a new one was put in and the truck was kept stock?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2009, 02:02 PM

if its under warranty they should take care of everything
Old 10-13-2009, 02:07 PM

Rebuilt trans put in late April... it's slipping already. Going BTS this time, just parked it and saving my pennies.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed Ixnay View Post
Just got a new tranny replaced 20k miles (4 months) ago and yesterday while driving it seemed like it didn't want to change from 3rd into 4th. It hasn't done it since, but today when I was driving it seemed like it was going from 3rd to 2nd and it didn't want to change for a second. It felt like a hard shift when it did. I had a superchip 1705 on my old tranny, but sold it while the new OEM tranny was being installed. I got the manager to put on the warranty work (3 years/100k miles) that if it is chipped they will still honor the warranty. Seeing as I've had this stock the whole time I'm sure they'll think it was chipped if I have to bring it in. I guess I shouldn't worry, but man this sucks. It cost 3.3k to have this tranny replaced and I hope warranty will cover any parts in labor since they said 3year/100k mile warranty.

Has anyone had a tranny go out on them this soon after a new one was put in and the truck was kept stock?
Ford remanufactured tranny? 20K miles? That's pretty good in my book. I killed three of them sons of britches before I just quit going back to Ford. I had 12,000 miles on each of them before they left me stranded. I love my truck and I love Fords, but there is one thing they never learned how to make or re-make........our transmissions. They don't have a clue. Simplify your life and don't go back. Get a reliable shop to build you one and don't look back. That's what I did and I am happy I did.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InExactAxis View Post
Rebuilt trans put in late April... it's slipping already. Going BTS this time, just parked it and saving my pennies.
Good piece of advice there. If you can afford to park it and save your pennies. Dont even consider a factory trans or "rebuilt" trans your wasting your money if you you use your truck for a truck.

You go custom tailored trans you will NEVER look back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.