Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

oh boy, flexplate or output shaft?

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  stroker_00 
#1 ·
was at a dead stop, took off nice and easy. truck shifted thru first and second fine. hit third and heard a snap or clunk so to speak. truck will not go......when in drive, 1st or 2nd. 4wd doesn't work either. i have been looking things up and some symptoms say flex-plate and some symptoms say output shaft. any ideas? any help greatly appreciated guys!!!

#2 ·
From under the truck what can you see? Have you lost any Trans fluid? (Puddle on the ground?) Take the inspection plate off and you can watch the flex plate at idle. Even with a completely cracked flex plate the truck should still move. When mine was bad it just had a shudder at idle. I bet you broke shaft if the truck won't move at all.
Also what's the condition of your Trans fluid?

Edit* mods and miles would help.

#3 ·
Does it Rollin park? If not that eliminates the output shaft and t case.

#6 ·
Did you take the inspection cover off and see if the torque converter is moving?

#10 ·
Takes all of 5 minutes to take the inspection plate off. Then you can watch the TC and the flex plate. From what you describe though it really sounds like a shaft. GL but maybe it's time for an early Christmas present form Corey for your truck.

#9 ·
Make sure the torque converter is still turning. If so. It's the input shaft or internal trans problems. Either way it needs pulled.

#12 ·
Cncfabricationllc.com

#17 ·
Moving is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.