Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lost forward gears, fresh rebuild

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  splitpile 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 F250 Super Duty with 200k miles. Had the trans rebuilt last week and put 100 miles on it. It has worked flawlessly till today. Went home, pulled in my drive, left the truck running. Backed out of the drive and put it in drive and NOTHING, no forward gears, reverse works great.
No weird noises, no clunks, cracks or bangs, just nothing forward.

Trans guy said my transfer case blew, but I find that funny as wvwerything worked fine, just put it in park and then reverse and no gears?

Help me before I get raped

#3 ·
Transmission failed. I'm on #3. Reverse is the no fail gear.

#5 ·
Hate to hear this for you! Hope it was a reputable shop and he'll fix you up quickly! Keep us posted. Wish I knew how to help you. transmissions are over my head. Over the heads of a lot of shops too. :doh:

#6 ·
The trans shop said it was the transfer case. They pulled it and took it apart while I was there, no transfer box problems. The search continues. In doing some research someone said it could be the actuator valve to the forward drum.

The search continues and I will update when the problem is found.

Trans has NEW solinoid pack, all new clutchs and steels, reworked valve body updated and shift kit, updated drum carrier with bearing installed, The Converter Shop rebuilt torque converter (updated)

#7 ·
Issue fixed.

I guess it was the bushings on the transfer box shift fork. They tore down the transfer case and the only thing I and they saw was the worn bushings on the small shift fork. They replaced those and reinstalled the transfer case and all seems good now. They said they didn't do anything to the trans itself this round. Only charged me 200 buckfor this service.

Ever in AZ and need a trans Get It In Gear, Lake Havasu City did all my work and really stood behind it.

#8 ·
Glad to hear you have your wheels back! You would have stood out like a sore thumb riding around backwards tonight between all the parties!:hehe: HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.