Codes perfect, won't turn over though - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Codes perfect, won't turn over though

I have a question. I drive a 2000 PS, and when I try to start her she is cranking very good but just won't turn over. I ran codes and got nothing, it says everything is fine. I replaced my fuel filter, and AIT sensor. Would my MAF sensor cause this? I also listened to my fuel pump and it takes forever to pressurize, along with a slurping sound like trying to get the last of your drink through a straw. I will be replacing the fuel pump this weekend. Could this be it too? I live in the mountains and we haven't had a day over 27 degrees in month. I usually run anti-gel additive, but didn't when I put in the previous ten gallons. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

sounds like fuel gelled up ,usually no codes in system , means fuel problem ,yourtruck doesnt have a massair flow sensor ,if there is anyway to get truck inside and let it warm up and also plug it in ,it will probably crank once its runing put your antigel in fuel START THERE AND MAKE SURE BATTERIES ARE FULL CHARGED
Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsfastestindian View Post
I have a question. I drive a 2000 PS, and when I try to start her she is cranking very good but just won't turn over. I ran codes and got nothing, it says everything is fine. I replaced my fuel filter, and AIT sensor. Would my MAF sensor cause this? I also listened to my fuel pump and it takes forever to pressurize, along with a slurping sound like trying to get the last of your drink through a straw. I will be replacing the fuel pump this weekend. Could this be it too? I live in the mountains and we haven't had a day over 27 degrees in month. I usually run anti-gel additive, but didn't when I put in the previous ten gallons. Please help!
You may have gelled fuel if that is the case you need to get that truck warm and the fuel ungelled. Once the fuel is ungelled you can add anit-gel additive and change your fuel filter. You may want to save your money on the fuel pump until you Know for sure that is your promblem. You should be able to disconnect the fuel line and see if the fuel is gelled. If it is I suggest you find a way to warm it up and it will ungell. The other thing I would check is your CPS ( Cam Positioning Sensor) it is on the front of the engine, above the crank pulley at the 1 o'clock position. It has a metal tab on it and a wire going to it. You may need to replace that. It costs about 150 bucks at a parts store or dealership.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

none

I would love to take it some place warm, but I am stuck at school! I could buy some extension cords and plug her in. Any other ideas guys? PLEASE HELP!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Open the fuel drain on the filter housing and cycle the key to see if you have pressure. If the fuel is gelled use a charcoal grill (after the fire is out and the coals are hot) to warm the tank. Remember fuel and fire don't mix well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.