no oil pressure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 05:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no oil pressure

ok just finished putting my engine back together and it wouldnt start so check the high pressure resevoir and it was empty so i filled it up and it ran for a second so i checked the high pressure resevoir again and once again it was empty so i put a oil pressure gauge on it and right down in the filter housing that attaches to the block with the oil cooler assembly and i had 1 pound of oil pressure so i took the dampner off and check the gerotor low pressure pump and it was fine working properly and everthing had engine oil on it so i was getting some pressure so i went on fords website to see where to go from there it said either there is missing oil galley plugs which i know were put back in or it could be a stuck or damaged oil pressure regulator valve which is in the oil cooler header right where the filter screws on i was wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows exactly how this valve operates can i replace just this regulator valve or do i have to replace the whole filter/cooler header? any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Jon

Usually

it takes about 1-3 minutes worth of stop and go cranking to fire a fresh 7.3 or 6.0.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:39 PM

yea i know that went through all that cranking and cranking it wont build pressure like i said i put an oil pressure gauge on it and everytime i checked the res it was empty
Old 01-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Jon

How long did you crank

If you manually fill the res then let it fire it will use that oil. If you havent cranked long enough to prime the system it will not replenish.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:52 PM

i dont think you understand i cranked the hell out of this thing until the batteries were toast the low pressure system just wouldnt fill the resevoir at all nothing was pumping up the resevoir would not fill up unless you filled it up yourself then as soon as you went to fire the hpop would suck it all out and it would be empty again i put an oil pressure gauge on the low pressure system and it only had one pound of oil pressure the anti drain check valve is in the block the resevoir would hold the oil until it started your supposed to have a 8-10 pounds of oil pressure in the low pressure system and i only had one pound and that is not enough to get oil up into the resevoir and so on so i went through the pinpoint test and this is where im at so if you know anything about the oil pressure regulator valve that is in the filter housing connected to the oil cooler any help would be appreciated
Old 01-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Jon

I dont think you understand.

If your not gonna tell me how long cranking the hell out of it is I cant help you.

We usually have to put a charger and a jump box on them.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:59 AM

well i had a charger and a jump box and we tried almost a full day
Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 AM

I've got the same problem Rob, but I haven't found the regulator either. I did get some instructions from a member on another thread, but when I followed them, I found my truck looked totally different from the description, possibly because I dont have a block heater. This is probably dead simple and we'll kick ourselves when we do find it, but for now, can somebody just give us some detailed instructions as if we were complete dummies?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:27 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

the first thing always is to prime the base engine oil pump, and fill oil filter if you have already done that , and you still arent geting oil pressure ,yes i would look at the regulator at the oil filter housing , pull the filter off and you cant miss the valve under it , there is also a valve under adaptor at block side you might want to losen oil cooler and check both , one is the regulator and the other a bypass valve , if both are in place , you might want to look into the oil pick up tube in the pan ,gasket slipped out at block possibly keeping it from getting prime , if you do find one of the valves ,missing in oil filter adapor ,yes it does have to be replaced the whole adaptor that is ,need to start there and get back with us
Old 01-29-2007, 04:55 AM
Jon

Rob

Thats all I was asking so we could move on to the next thing. Scott has took over now so I'll let him role with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.