Serving Our Country!
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine spontaneously cuts off...but not very often
This has happened only a very small amount of times (ie, maybe 5 times in the last 5 months). The engine will just stop. It has only ever done it at idle. A few times it did it right at coming to a complete stop at a stop light. The other day it did it twice in a row after starting the truck... the moment I shifted into gear, it died. There is no violence or struggle in it ... it cuts off simply as if the ignition has been turned off. There has never been a problem with restarting the truck immediately after ... it fires up instantly. Any theories?
It was doing this before and after the DP Tuner ... so the chip specifically shouldn't be the problem.
2002 F-250 Lariat Extended Cab Long Bed, 7.3L, Auto, 4x4
- 6" BDS Suspension lift (All spring)
- 315/75R16 BFG A/Ts
- DP-Tuner F6
- DIESELSITE CPR Fuel System
- Turbo-Master Wastegate Controller
- Donaldson AIS Intake w/ "Zoodad" and AIH Delete
- MBRP 4" T304 Exhaust
- Coolant filter, Evans NPG+ Coolant, 203* Thermostat and Billet Housing
- Factory Tech Valve Body
- ISSPRO Gauges (Boost, Pyro, Trans)