Serving Our Country!
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Slow starting 2000
My 2000 is slow to start. On first start (when cold) is takes a good 2 seconds of cranking for it to start and when it does there is a little bit of "chatter" when it comes up to idle. The motor has been well maintained and has only 105,000 on it but it is not a vehicle I drive very often since I am simply waiting to get rid of it. No codes are thrown. It sounds a little even when warm as if an injector is missing. If its related, it was also very hard starting in the winter (Virginia) and on a few occasions I managed to flood the engine if I gave it too much throttle while it was still cold. It would always white smoke when starting in the winter.
Anyways ... any theories on whats wrong or good ways to diagnose?
2002 F-250 Lariat Extended Cab Long Bed, 7.3L, Auto, 4x4
- 6" BDS Suspension lift (All spring)
- Driveshaft Specialist 1 piece conversion
- 315/75R16 BFG A/Ts
- DP-Tuner F6
- DIESELSITE CPR Fuel System
- Turbo-Master Wastegate Controller
- Donaldson AIS Intake w/ "Zoodad" and AIH Delete
- MBRP 4" T304 Exhaust
- Coolant filter, Evans NPG+ Coolant, 203* Thermostat and Billet Housing
- Factory Tech Valve Body
- ISSPRO Gauges (Boost, Pyro, Trans)