2000 E350 7.3 Chugging...Help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 E350 7.3 Chugging...Help!!!

I posted this in transmission problems a few weeks ago but didn't get anywhere with it. I'm still trying to figure it out so here it is again.

It doesn't do it all the time but it seems that when I drive down the road with the cruise on at 75 my van runs great. However, when I drop down to around 65 or lower and my van is still in OD I get a shudder, sometimes bad. As soon as I hit the accelerator it stops. It almost seems like the OD is too high for the speed that I am going and the van is trying to catch up with itself or something...If that makes sense.

I have a superchips high performance programmer and code reader installed as well just in case that would matter....

Previous owner installed a rebuilt transmission in 04 with a "tugger" kit (I'm really not sure what that is). And had the injectors all replaced last year...He really kept up on the maintenance.

So I hooked up the Superchips tuner and read the codes.

I am getting a

P0238 (Turbo Boost Sensor A Circuit High Input)
and
P1670 (EF Feedback Signal Not Detected)
Both of which I don't know how to interpret.

And a:

P0460 (Fuel Tank Level Indicator Circuit Error) Thanks to the transflow, but I worked this one out.

But nothing that points to what the problem is with the chugging I am getting in OD.

I also pulled out a receipt stating that the PO had all new injectors installed on June 13, 2007 at a cost of $2006.00.

Does anybody out there have an idea on what the problem might be? Also, how can I test the injectors to see if they are bad without pulling them and without getting a code?

Also, it shutters a bit on take off and when I accelerate during normal operation. I've been reading something about a camshaft position sensor. Can this be the problem?

Last edited by veg hed; 05-07-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

mines doing the exact same thing! shutter while in OD at low rpms! when i stop on it the shutter goes away. If i cruise at 75 runs like a dream but if i run at like 50 with OD on it shutters really bad.. Im in the processes of coming up with some money to get stage 2 injectors with a custom tuned TW chip. But most likely sounds like an injector problem
Old 05-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's what I thought at first but mine are throwing the following codes:

and

And the PO replaced the injectors with new ones just last year. So I think something else is up...Has anyone else had a problem like this. I just need somebody to point me in the right direction.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anybody???
Old 05-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via Yahoo to txevt
sounds like the torque converter, however check pump pressure. pump pressure is already low for that softer/smoother shifting.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Would that cause the following P codes:

and

I've done a little research and a bad MAP sensor can cause a P0238. How do I check to see if the MAP sensor is bad without buying a new one and replacing it.

And what pump pressure are you talking about and how would I check that pump pressure.

Torque converters sound expensive....

Thanks for the help...
Old 05-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via Yahoo to txevt
pump pressure guage used to test transmission when cold and hot, and in all forward gears, reverse, neutral, and park.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:17 AM

the engine shuttering would make those codes pop up.. You never get many codes from a transmission anyway and if your using your superchips programmer you wont get codes for it at all. The torque converter definatly sounds like your problem how many RPM's is the engine turning when it shudders? When the engine shutters are you blowing any smoke? The converter is a problem with the E4OD. Its usually what ruins the transmission I'd look into replacing your converter
Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Run a "buzz test" on the injectors (need someone to hook a scan tool to the PCM). Not sure thats the problem, but you'll at least eliminate them as a possible cause if they're good.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Did those things come with lock-up torque converters? That would make some odd behavior if its not working like it should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.