Wont Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wont Start

I blew a high pressure oil line while driving down the highway and lost all the oil which caused my truck to die. Got new line on and filled with oil and the truck turned over but never started. Put on new HPOP but still wont start anybody have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 02:02 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshooter View Post
I blew a high pressure oil line while driving down the highway and lost all the oil which caused my truck to die. Got new line on and filled with oil and the truck turned over but never started. Put on new HPOP but still wont start anybody have any ideas?
Can you pull any codes?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Banned

The oil gallery in the head that the hose fed has air in it. it is compressing the air and needs to make 500psi before the fuel will turn on. Be sure the oil reservoir that feeds the HPOP is full also.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:36 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

i agree air in the system already and then you put a pump on it which created more air , it takes some cranking after an oil system repair , probably didnt need the pump
Old 05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Didnt buy a new pump just borrowed one from my dad that he just happened to be replacing because of stripped out threads on the oil line fittings. Filled the oil reservoir to the top and tried cranking for a long time and even used a gas soaked rag in the intake. Ran for a little while but still did not start. How can I get the air out?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Still no luck in getting my truck started. I have about 60 PSI fuel pressure in the head that I checked by using a pressure gauge screwed into one of the plugs in the top and front of the passenger side head. I also checked to see if there was any volts to the injectors with volt meter that I have but couldn't get any readings from the connector. Not sure if this is a good test or not but there was zero volts even when I turned the motor over. I am pretty sure I have oil pressure because I checked the volts on the ICP before and during I turned the motor over and the volts measured from about a 1/4 volts to over 4 volts. But again not sure if this is a good test or not. Does any body have any ideas. Waiting on a new scanner to do some real tests!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Pulled the code P1668, communication problem between PCM and IDM. Checked all fuses and relays and wires between PCM and IDM but still no luck. Unable to do an injector buzz test. Is there any fuses or relays besides the ones under dash in the central junction box? Oil pressure ok fuel pulse width ok. Does anybody have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.